danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
WL CEO Disgusted With Anti-Lilim Political Advertisement

| Just recently Ren Weiss of White Lightning Fiber commented during an interplanetary radio interview about a recent Anti-Lilim political advertisement this week.

'There's a special place in hell for insensitive morons who twist and take advantage unrelated small scale tragedies for political gain.'

Weiss refers to the Safe Zone Incident where a territorial dispute born from miscommunication turned a well intended community service operation into a warzone. Weiss clarifies...(C)

| That the main heading image depicting 'combat lilim', standing over the dead bodies of several WL and GPD employees and residents of the tragedy hit area, weren't actually 'lilm' as the public has commonly interacted with. They apparently we're actually war drones in similar chassis, remotely handled by space fairing security and warfare vessals in the upper atmosphere. Said vessals are said to be owned by a private company that has nothing to do with Lilim development.

| (Sorry about the grammar and spelling. It's a phone post. Lol)

##Janitor:Stormy##

| (Yer good. :lilimok:)

| Is this about that town hall thing? o o they care about this stuff in space?

| You might be surprised by how influential GC is offworld. Even organizations that have no presence here can still be effected by minor events or market fluctuations. Nowhere is the butterfly effect more visible than in economics, and nowhere is more economically influential than this city. Riots here might effect the price of mid-range consumer electronics a million miles away, which might result in total financial collapse even further, which might cause a war further still.

| >>527708 Is it because GC's a tax haven? I remember hearing somebody say that once.
- LB1-LB2

| It's that and so much more. You might not notice this if you're a local, but GC and is, on average, more technologically developed than almost any other city you could mention. This is because GC is the universal test market and proving grounds for virtually any product you can imagine, from mundane consumer goods, to experimental genetic services, to prototype materiel. Anything goes here, and even the most niche goods have a huge market due to the sheer size of the place.

| There’s almost no restrictions on what can be marketed here. Anything and everything can be sold, so the corps just throw everything at the city to see what sticks and what doesn’t catastrophically blow up. Every market segment, no matter how niche, can be found and studied here, and if something goes wrong and a few people die because the product was faulty, there’s effectively zero repercussions.

| Product testing on live humans in GC is both much more comprehensive than the usual methods, and it’s much more cost effective, as the test subjects are paying the producer for the privilege of testing their product.

| >>527716 ...Suddenly living here has gotten so much more uncomfortable. -Vox

| >>527870 If you're new, hi, leave asap unless you really want your friends to find you rotting in a ditch.
>Nine

| >>527870
It's pretty awful, yeah... But for some reason, I'm still drawn to GC more than anywhere else I've been, onworld or offworld. Maybe it's just because I'm far enough up the corporate ladder to not really feel the effects of the city's numerous problems ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

| >>528013

How's your ivory tower, wageslave?

-On3

| >>528014
Pretty good, actually. I'm in fashion design, so I'm spared a lot of the soul-crushing wageslavery. Corps tend to give their creative teams more freedom than their managers and clerks and engineers get.

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1549593249

This thread is permanently archived