danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
[Bar] Swiss 1JJ

| >Located right at the end of Little Akihabara's elevated Tachibana Avenue is a seven-story building. A large neon sign above its fourth-floor entrance marks this building as the Swiss 1JJ Bar... Complex?

>The relatively unremarkable exterior of the Swiss 1JJ belies a bizarre interior, however- First-time visitors will find themselves faced with a check-in station. The screen on this station displays a prompt, underneath which is a textbox: "What would you like to be called?"

| >Beyond this check-in terminal- which, once a name is entered, will disappear in a cloud of pixels until it's needed again -the bar has a very "cyber-brutalistic" aesthetic: Blocky shapes and diagonal angles abound, though rounded corners are not completely absent here.

>Behind the glass-topped counter stands a bartender, a Lilim with black (or navy?) plating, her shoulder-length hair, eyes and lips the same glowing aero-blue as the accents on the furniture and in the walls.

| >Text floats above this Lilim, rendered in a sans-serif font that changes color based on whatever's "behind" it. This text is much like a player tag in an MMO- according to the larger tag, this girl's name is 'Marina'. Smaller text above the tag reads 'Lv. X Owner'.

>There are two horizontally-elongated squircles below her name-tag, one blue and one red. There are white dots on the left end of each, marking them as profile tags.

| >There are two large bottle cabinets behind Marina. The bottles in the right cabinet are normal, but the ones in the left one look comparatively low-poly- think PS2-era graphics -and are made entirely out of translucent, glowing, aero-blue material. Looks like that's a common theme with this place, hmm.

>There are little screens embedded in the counter and the tables, through which customers can order, and a large screen on the wall across from the counter. It is currently off.

| >Quickly, quietly, before anyone comes in and sees her tag, Marina changes her alias to 'Amadeo'.

| "Ooooo"
>a girl with black and white hair walks in
>she is wearing one of those ahegao hoodies with matching skirt and thigh highs
"Hellooo~"

| >>525380

"Ola." >Amadeo gives the newcomer a quick bow, either ignorant of or simply uncaring about her choice of clothing. The Lilim glances above the girl's head- Since no information has been given, the Swiss 1JJ's computer has placed a basic tag over her head, simply reading "Lv. ??? ?????". This will vanish when she leaves the bar.

"What can I do ya for, miss?" >She tilts her head, the doors on the left bottle cabinet behind her sliding open with a soft hiss.

| >>525438
"Ooo that pretty neat"
>She sets her name to GEMINI
"ummm...ill get whatever you recommend

| >A man come in,he is wearing a black balaclava,a black Zsh-1-2M helmet,a black hoodie,a MK4 tactical rig,a grey trouser,a black combat boots
>He is carrying an empty duffle bag ,an AS Val assualt rifle slinged on his back and a P226R pistol holstered at his side
"This will be interesting,let's see what they have"
>He set his name to Impulse

| >Once their names are set, the "Lv. ??? ?????" present on Impulse and GEMINI's tags change to "Lv. 1 Customer". Yes, this is a Mafia City reference.

>>525494

"Hmm..." >Amadeo pauses to think, carefully looking GEMINI up and down.
"Well, I don't know you well enough yet, so... How are you feeling right now? The customer's emotional state is important in deciding what drink to serve them, in my opinion."

| >>525502

"Bom dia." >Amadeo gives Impulse a quick bow of greeting, and points to one of the screens.
"We serve all of the standard BTC drinks. A menu of the Swiss 1JJ's in-house drinks is available >>>here." >She points at one of the screens on the counter.

>The menu on the screen is on the "featured" section. There are 21 drinks on here, each named after the Major Arcana- Except the second drink is named "Junon", the fifth "Jupiter", and the fifteenth "Burning Monastery". Odd.

| >>525597
"Alright,I will have a look"
>Impulse look through the menu
"Burning Monastery? That sounds interesting,I will have one"

| >A bald man with sideburns wearing a large coat enters the bar with a heavy step
>He checks his surroundings and then takes a seat, his name stays blank.
>His slanted eyes inspect the others for a second, but then find their way to the bartender
"I'll have a Zen star"
>He says in a gruff voice

| >>525595
"Ummm...i guess im rather content!"
>she gives a heart melt level smile

| >>525616
"One Burning Monastery. Got it." >Amadeo quickly bows, turning to face the left drink cabinet and retrieving three bottles.
"It's one of my favorites, actually. Especially when served, well, burning. Though its flame is... It's bigger than a Flaming Moai's for sure." >She laughs to herself as she finishes mixing the contents of the bottles. She pours the drink into a glass designed after a medieval tower, with an "XVI" engraved on it.
"So; want me to set it on fire?"

| >>525622
"One... Zen Star, got it. Dry, I'm assuming." >Amadeo sets the Burning Monastery on the counter so she can tend to the bald man's order. It takes her very little time- Likely due to intervention from a pair of robotic arms underneath the counter. The drink goes into a normal glass, which Amadeo promptly slides over to the man.
"As you asked, senhor. One Zen Star."

| >>525630

>Once she's done with the Zen Star, Amadeo turns to GEMINI, giving her a quick nod of acknowledgement.
"Contentment, hmm? In that case, you're looking at..." >The Lilim plays the sound of a drumroll from her voicebox as she turns, grabbing four different bottles from the normal shelf. She pours the contents into two different mixers, one handled by her arms and the other by the automated barkeeper beneath the countertop.

| >Amadeo finishes, and pours the contents of the two mixers into a large bowl, engraved with a world map and a large "XXI" on the bottom.
"...The World!"
>She slides the bowl over to GEMINI, atop a The World tarot card rendered in the same black and glowing aero-blue as the bar's furnishings. The drink inside has an aroma that brings to mind chocolate-covered strawberries.
"So, what's got you so happy, miss?"

| >>525640 >>525637
>she looks at the drink with excitement
>and takes a sip
(Dare i do it...?...i dare...)
"Kyaaaaaahhhh~ its good!"
>suddenly, for some inexplicable reason, the air around the girl feels....homey...?
>in stark contrast to the area, those near her feel...more...content
"Thanks! Tehe~"

| >>525635
"Sure,light it up"
>Impulse say,his eyes staring at the drink to prepare for it to burn

| >>525636
>The man receives his drink and raises an eyebrow, before simply taking a sip
"Thanks"
>He takes a look at his watch, seemingly waiting for something

| >A Lilim with bright ginger hair stepped in, undoing a long crimson scarf around his neck he also unzipped his leather jacket. He Gave Impulse a familiar wave and sat near him

>He had set his name to Dice

| >>525802
>The man gives the lilim a glance, but soon seems to loose interest
"... I should of mentioned that I hate waiting"
>He taps his feet on the ground, taking his phone out and typing something

| >A young, tall, and slightly chubby young man walks inside, wearing a dark blue trenchcoat. He seems to have put his name as CN. He heads towards the bar to take an open seat and addresses the bartender
"One Sugar Rush please."

| >>525810
>The man with the large sideburns finally smiles, he's been waiting long enough
>He walks up to CN and sits down right next to him with a scowl
"Yo, you make a habit out of making people wait, or am I tonight's biggest loser"
>Ludendorf says with his classical gruffiness

| >>525812
"..."
>He pauses and looks dumbfounded
"...Oh. Hi Lude... t-there you are. I totally didnt forget you go under LD on cyb. Nope, not at all."

| >>525814
"Well, make sure you dont forget again, i'm lacking in the patience departement"
>Lude says before lifting an eyebrow
"So who did you expect to meet anyway and I must say you're one careless man, if I were some killer you'd already been Zeroe'd"
>He says with a chuckle
"Of course I would *never* do that"

| >>525817
"Yup... never once implied or pointed the scope of a sniper at me before at all..."
>He sighs
"I dont know who I was expecting but that still didnt change that you're the only one with the info so I needed to meet with you regardless."

| >>525821
"Hmm, So what did you get yourself into this time?"
>He asks while closing an eye and taking his glass up to his lips

| >>525644
"Glad you like it~ The 21st Major Arcana, The World, can be understood to mean harmony, fulfilment and- most relevantly to your case -contentment!" >Amadeo smiles, then reaches under the counter...

>>525645
>...and produces a small golden ankh. She drops the ankh into Impulse's Burning Monastery. It lands without a ripple, and almost immediately disappears, a light blue flame blossoming atop the drink.

| >>525824
"Just trying to finding out what happened with an orphanage fire and how AUCR is involved."

| >>525826
>Ludendorf takes a sip
"I think you're going about it the wrong way, the bad guys weren't AUCR in that case"
>He says, hinting at something more
"How about we start by laying down some terms, I won't be helping you for free Geekboy"

| >She slides the burning drink over to Impulse. Its tarot card is The Tower.
"One literally Burning Monastery! It is the sixteenth of the Major Arcana, and can be understood as a representation of a sudden, impending upheaval!"

>This chick clearly knows her tarot cards... But then again she runs a bar named after a tarot deck.

| >>525828
>He sighs
"Something tells me this isn't just going to be money."

| >>525830
"I already have enough money CN, how long do you think i've been doing this gig?"
>Lude's expression becomes grimm
"No, I want something more than that, you're good with kids right Geekboy?"

| >The door opens to reveal a short woman with shoulder length, black hair, wrapped tightly underneath a handspun wool scarf. She's thoroughly bundled up, and brushes off flurries of snow from her coat, also black, which sports hastily patched holes and is a little too long for her.

>After taking in the wonderous decoration of the bar, she approaches Amadeo, clearly sheepish looking.

| >>525831
"Yes...? Do you want me to babysit someone?"

| >>525810

>It hurts Amadeo to do this, but in describing the World and the Burning Monastery, she's had to relegate the Sugar Rush to the under-counter arms. They quickly mix one up and send it over. A message is on the glass.
>"Sorry for the delay!"

| >>525838
"It's okay, thanks."

| >>525833

"Bom dia, senhorita!" >Amadeo gives this newcomer a cheerful little wave, glancing up in hopes of finding an alias.
"How may I serve you today?"

| >>525835
"No, I want you to find someone, how about we go over those details later though, for now how about you tell me what you know"
>Lude doesn't elaborate more

| >>525841
"Just that the AUCR is involved and what was posted on these two threads."
>He loads up the threads on his deck to show Lude

| >>525840

>You see the words "Masque" listed above their head in the alias field!

"Er, hello, hi, I'm sorry, I don't drink, but..."

>She looks around, anxious and confused.

"Er, is your master available?"

| >>525842
>Lude looks the thread over and then snorts
"Well I'd say thats a summary at best..."
>He sighs deeply
"I'll start from the beginning then, May need another glass for this though"

| >>abf8c6
"My apologies boss the roads are covered in black ice so I'm being more cautious right now."
>Dice then produced a small package in his hand which he fiddled with.

| >>525845
"Well I'm not in any rush. Take your time."

| >>525848
"Alright then"
>Lude takes a sip
"It all started eight years ago, I got a job offer I couldn't refuse, from someone you and I both know well, I was sent here to observe a run-away scientist called Felicia, past affiliation: ACRAS, now called AUCR"
>He says with a scowl
"She was apparently working on some terminal, and my boss needed it completed, but all I had to do was watch her and follow her around, nothing else"

| >>525851
"Okay... following so far."

| >>525855
"Things went well for about a year, that's when she met that guy, Aleck, and that's also when the Saint from AUCR made her way into town, I knew it wasnt going to end well from there onwards"
>He scowls
"Aleck and F apparently worked on some things together before, some AUCR shit called the Depths project, and the SAINT initiative. But most importantly: they worked on the FAL as a pair, until Aleck disappeared from Burrow anyway"

| >He shrugs
"It was a mess, that whole thing, you read the reports, you know"

| >>525861
"Yea, not to mention all the other stuff like the terminals and KS that are related."

| >>525862
"They are, all carry the mark of F, TN, and Aleck Falschen"
>Ludendorf plainly says
"Well, with or without them the great ones would of found some other pawns"

| >>525844

"My... Master?" >Amadeo tilts her head, then smiles.
"I don't have one; I'm the owner of this establishment." >She points up at the "Lv. X Owner" floating above her name.

| >>525871

"You're the owner?" >The girl says, confused,

"But robots can't be ow-"

>She closes a hand over her mouth, then digs through her coat for something- she pulls out a stack of flyers.

"I-I'm sorry, but can you p-please take these?" >She stammers,

"I'd greatly appreciate if you could hand them o-out..."

| >>525875

"Hmm..." >Amadeo inspects the fliers. She mutters to herself as she does- Something about 'The House of God'.

| >Suddenly a disembodied lilim head comes crashing through a window! Their bright green hair glows softly, and their eyes are closed, unconcious

| >>525879
>Ludendorf stops dumping exposition for a second, looking at the lilim head
"Hmmm"
>He then turns back to CN
"So, like I was saying"
>He ignored it

| >>525876

>The headline catches you like a frisbee into the face- "Support legislation to restrict lilim aggression! Hold irresponsible 'caretakers' responsible! Demand common sense android control!"

>The fliers go on like this down the entire page, filled with captioned images of destroyed property and, you suspect, the deceased- along with some decidedly less flattering images of "evil robots" et al.

>It seems to end with the address and time of a town hall meeting.

| >The girl looks very uncomfortable now, and starts sliding backward toward the exit.

| >>525879

>The crashing head frightens the girl! She flees outside!

| >The head yawns, and rolls around, snoring. It rolls off the counter, and vaguely in the direction of the girl who ran outside

| >>525905
"I'm... uh, you okay?"
>>525893
"G-Go on?"

| >>525825
>she finishes her drink before standing up
"Thanks again"
>then leaves

|
>The head yawns, and blinks hopping up and looking around confused
>>>525912
"Of course i'm ok! What could be possibly be wrong with me!"

| >>525825
"That's cool"
>Impulse say,looking at the flame

| >>525918
"Er... nothing. Sorry to bother you."

| >A red wild styled haired one-eyed man walks in, looks young, about 18 years old but maybe he is a lot older than that, probably he isn't even 30% organic.He has a patch over his left eye and his right eye has an intense red iris, pretty rare if natural, his left arm is a reinforced black steel arm, he may lost it in some incident, he is wearing a long black coat with some white fur on the hood. Looks like he weighs about 75kg and is tall enough to be 1,80 meters.
"A Suplex,please"

| >Suddenly, three new customers...stumble, through the front doors!

| >One is a slightly-older gentleman, likely in his young 30's, wearing an impeccably shiny white suit with a white rimmed hat around it, with medium-long blonde hair slipping out of it. He had a fine trimmed moustache, and extremely wide-pupilled brown eyes. He was adorned in all sorts of psychedelic jewelry, from rings to bead necklaces, the largest being a large black medallion necklace with a blue sapphire inside. He also had a black cane, which seemingly...radiated lightning?

| >The next was a young woman, likely not a day over 20, dressed in...well, a fine blue satin dress that went down to her mid-thighs, and a large blue bow atop her head that looked like something out of an imaginative child's dream. She had a bob-cut, with the right side of her hair a glowing yellow, and the left side a glowing pink. Her wide-pupiled eyes were a bright grey, and she had what appeared to be a drawn-on blue tear on her right cheek...except it was moving?

| >The last was a fine-dressed dark-skinned male, with wide-eyed brown pupils behind a pair of circular-lensed red glasses. He had short black hair with two hawk feathers in the right side of his hair. His suit was yellow, with a fuzzy white sash that looked like something from an ancient era fused with something from the future, and he had a yellow bow on his left hand, and flowing white stripes ran down his pants.
>He was...sitting, criss-crossed, on a floating cloud...hovering...

| >Suddenly, another cloud flew through the door, a floating dark thundercloud, which proceeded to hover around the young girl's head, which she looked at with a dream-like wonder, happily smiling, cheering and clapping on the cloud with joy, like a child, as she danced around with zero inhibitions or social awareness. The man in white smiled at her, as the man on the cloud meditated atop it. The textboxes above began to be filled out before any of them even npticed they were there:

| >Above the man in white:
"Dexter O'Shulgin, Lvl 1"
>Above the girl with the bow and the thundercloud:
"Mia McKenna, Lvl 1"
>Above the floating black man on the cloud:
"Terence Leary, Lvl 1"
>As the girl danced in her own world, the man on the cloud held his hands to his forehead, and twitched them slightly, as the man in white approached the bar counter.
"Yes, I understand Tim, straight liquor for you, I know how you despise alcohol simply for its legality."
>Timothy groaned.

| >Dexter smiled and waited for an available waitress, while Timothy smiled to himself, watching Mia dance all by her lonesome to seemingly no music, the thundercloud around her floating around and making funny shapes.

| >All of their eyes were more dialated than any human not on intoxicated already would be. They were almost as wide as the eyes themselves, yet despite this they showed no clear sign of severe intoxication, except for maybe the disregard for the social norm of not dancing alone with no music.

| *not already intoxicated

| >>525926
>Ludendorf takes his glass, realizes its empty and puts it down again
"So after F and her friend met up, there appeared to be some tension between em', see professor Falschen was developing Lilims that were extremely human-like, apparently it was a project to sell them to the new Chinese Regime to boost patriotism, instead of showing real people killed by their detractor, they could just make victims, if you catch my drift, Of course Aleck had another motive though"

| >>526102
"Something tells me it wasn't something good?"

| >>526112
"I'll give you a guess, and a hint, it involves the limitations of the FAL"
>Ludendorf says simply

| >>526126
"You mean how it was split with two terminals?"

| >>526128
"No, no, I mean the problem with how the materials would end up, surely you can make the connection"

| >>526140
"Uh... sorry I'm not following."

| >>525894

Amadeo tucks the fliers underneath her desk. Outwardly, there's no reaction from her, though she clearly struggles to keep from laughing while she prepares >>525927's order. Once she slides the Suplex over, the Lilim allows herself a soft chuckle before returning to her duties.

>>526070

The House of God seems to recognize the three Matrix avatars for what they are, and sends over a data projection of Amadeo.
"Hello! How may I serve you today?"

| >>526184
>The man in white smiles widely as he takes a look around the bar, at the other customers as well.
"Well, you see, my name is Dexter, and me and my friends here, we're a little lost, and we think that we've just found exactly what we've been looking for. I see you've got a bit of a tarot card theme here...Would you mind giving us a quick reading, and giving us a drink based on what you find?"
>Dexter smiled, as Timothy floated closer on his cloud.
>Mia obliviously danced.

| >Impulse drink the drinks as he hear all the stories around him

| >>526184
>Grabs it and drinks it in one "shot"
"Thanks."
>Sets his name to 折原 臨也

| "I think this place got a lot messier with all this people... I like it"
>Starts playing with his knife, it's a Spyderco Centofante Model 3

| >>526164
>Ludendorf sighs
"It's easy isnt it, people get all fucked up when they're used as materials for the FAL to work... but what about lilims?"
>He hints further

| >>917aef
>The tiny thundercloud dancing around Mia McKenna's head suddenly whizzed over to the newcomer, floating in front of 折原 臨也 and morphing into a resemblance of the man. Mia snickered playfully, as she walked up to the man, her extremely wide pupils suddenly turning into swirly colors as she stares into his eyes.
"What are your deepest desires, sir?"
>She spoke in a shaky voice, not shaky from nervousness however, and instead from anticipation, as if she was overly excited.

| >>526341
"Oh! Aren't older models immune to any side effects or something like that?"

| >>526391
>Ludendorf just sighs again
"Well, something like that, but Aleck had the brilliant idea to use his fake human pet project to use as the core of the computer, that's how the FAL in Glitch city was born"

| >>526198

"A reading, hmm? Of course!" >The Amadeo-construct bows then, with a flourish of her hand, manifests a deck of cards.

"I can do one card, three cards- one for each of you -or a six-card spread. Unless there's any specific spreads you'd like?"

| >>526408
"Okay, so how does this connect with the arson then?"

| >>526529
"It doesnt, not now atleast, are you really that impatient to know how kids died, geekboy?"
>Ludendorf says with a raised eyebrow

| >>526549
"*Sigh* No... that's not what I meant. Sorry, go on."

| >>526491
>Mia calls over from her questioning the other man.
"Ooh! Do one for each! One for each!"
>Dexter simply smiles a wide-grinned smile.
"Give me, the dancing queen and my friend on the cloud here each a reading."
>Terence speaks, but does not stop meditating.
"We are all floating on clouds, are we not?"
>Dexter points a fingergun at Terence.
"Bingo, buddy! Righty-O again!"

| >Near the back of the main room, a door softly swings open, admitting a Cat Boomer. She glances around, checking for... something. Once she's received a satisfactory result, the red-haired girl makes her way over to the bar. The tag above her head reads 'Jolyne'.
"Amadeo," >She starts, then continues in Portuguese. The Lilim clearly understands her though; once Jolyne's done talking, the Lilim slides across a Burning Monastery.

| >Unlike Impulse's, however, Jolyne's Burning Monastery is served atop a VI of Swords. The Cat Boomer stares at the card underneath the tower-glass, then looks up at Amadeo. Amadeo nods, and offers an explanation- again in Portuguese -of the card's definition.

>Understanding dawns on Jolyne's face, and with a nod, the woman takes a sip of the Burning Monastery, watching CN with... unusually vested interest.

| >>526675

"Very well. One for each it is." >The Amadeo-construct nods, and the deck of cards in her hands shuffles itself. She tosses one card, face-down, to Dexter. The deck shuffles again, and one card- also face-down -goes to Terence. The process repeats once more, and the construct gives Mia her own face-down card.

"...Okay, flip 'em over and see what you get."

| >>526819

>The trio each flip over their cards, in intrigue and wonder!

| >>527130

>Dexter's card is the Star, in obverse. Terence's card is the Hanged Man, reversed. Mia's is Justice, in obverse.

"Well, then..." >The Amadeo-construct places a finger to her chin.
"These are quite interesting results. In fairness, everything is interesting where the tarot is involved, but I digress." >The Matrix-bot laughs, summoning her own copy of each of the three cards to get a better look at them.

| "Would you like an interpretation of the cards as well, or should I simply get you the drinks?" >She tilts her head, a motion mirrored by the real Amadeo as she observes Jolyne, who is now reaching over and attempting to poke CN in the most surreptitious manner she can.

| >>526576
>Ludendorf takes a look at the ongoing events around the bar before continuing
"So we got Aleck trying to build those lilims to use as materials for his bio computer now right, and we had F who learned about it and confronted the guy about it, in her eyes the FAL was a failure, nothing else. They fought for a while and the tension got higher, and thats when the trouble really began, you see I wasnt the only one watching Aleck, that Chinese company that hired him was too"

| "And when they learned that Aleck was planning on using their funds and their lilims to run some other experiment, they went crazy and sent in shadowrunnes to kill him, and steal his research"
>Ludendorf snorts
"They were by no means excellent runners, but they did the job somewhat cleanly up until the point where Aleck had been backed into a corner in his lab, he decided to blow it all up, himself and the lilims, and the FAL"

| "Of course, we both know that failed Geekboy, after all the FAL is still in town... Thats because I Retrieved it and the research undercover before this all happened, what Aleck blew up was simply his lilims and himself"
>Ludendorf smiles
"My employer was after that computer from the start so while he told me not to involve myself he asked me to do this one thing, in exchange I'd get more info out of our little deal"

| >>527330
"What ended up being that info?"

| >>527336
"We can talk about that later"
>Ludendorf waves his hand
"The only important part is what came after, you see when the GCPD showed up on the scene they quickly started looking around and they found out that one lilim had survived, of course they had no way to know it was a lilim, to them it looked like an ordinary little girl"
>Ludendorf smiles wickedly
"She was sent to that children hospital, and the shadowrunners would later learned about it"

| >>527339
"...And so to erase any trace of her they burned the orphange..."

| >>527371
"well they had to be creative about it, after-all they knew they were no match for a full on Arson case, so they did what any shadow runners with suits connections would, they asked Zaibatsu and lured them in with info about the lilim project, Zaibatsu got interested and they decided burning a little building and starting a mock investigation case for a fake culprit was a fair price to pay"
>Ludendorf says

| >>527374
"Mmm... I see. So did the 'lilim' make it?"

| >>527407
"yeah, she was the only survivor of that whole ordeal, I guess Aleck made em' more resilient than normal folks"
>Ludendorf takes a deep breath
"But that's further down the line, the first thing that happened was the GCPD getting involved before those Runners contacted Zaibatsu, the case was started after the explosion and the disappearance of Aleck, and the officer affected to it was someone you probably know: Elena Douji, at the time a sergeant"

| >>527417
Yes I've met her before. Should I talk to her next after this then?"

| >>527440
"You'd be better off not to, This whole case put a lot of strain on her, not the good kind"
>Ludendorf lifts his finger
"The first taste of failure is never a good memory, especially when it causes the death of so many. Nevertheless, she was a key actor in this whole deal, she was sent here by AUCR after-all"

| >>527442
"So what do you suggest then? -CN

| >Jolyne gives up on attempting to get CN's attention (which implies she tried in the first place) and returns to talking to Amadeo. Or rather, venting to Amadeo. The Lilim gives no input, simply listening as she starts to mix ingredients from the left cabinet into a star-shaped Matrix glass.

>Jolyne's venting is entirely in Portuguese, but the occasional, untranslated name floats through- 'Aster' is a reoccurring one.

| >>527242
"Why, an interpretation would be lovely!"
>Dexter said with a smile.
"I'm definitely a believer in the arcane."
>Mia then spun around and pointed at the bartender.
"And I'm a believer in you!"

| >>526343
"My deepest desires? My deepest desire is to be dead. I can't think about how I have survived this long. Love is in the air, death is around the corner, I can't get one of either"
>He stops playing with his knife with a tricky move
"My "immortality" isn't a gift and it isn't magical, I just happen to have the best of the worst lucks. Because I just have the luck of still being alive while trying to be dead".

| >>527450
"Well, firstly I'd suggest you find that lilim but that would be one hell of a task, we're talking bots that look and feels human, so human in fact that they can self replicate if allowed to persist"
>Ludendorf says to CN with an exasperated sigh
"After that, I guess you'd be off trying to find out who did the arson itself, and tracing down the remainder of the research Zaibatsu may own, you do what you wabt once you retrieve it but I'd advise you destroy any shred of it"

| >>527607
"Dont worry I was planning on destroying it. Although... it seems at this point at dont have much choice but to talk to Douji, shes my only lead at the moment."

| >>527498
>CN twitches at the mention of an Aster, but decides not to confront the girl for the time being.

| >>527612
"Do whatever you want Geekboy, so long as you keep your word and uphold your end of the deal"
>Ludendorf simply states
"Or you could go see Ibaraki, Douji's 'Daughter', she might know about the case as well"

| >>527614
"Alright that's worth a shot, although you still didnt explain what my side of the deal was though. Or was the person you wanted me to find was the lilim in question?"

| >>527618
"No, I want you to find someone else"
>Ludendorf hands you a picture, its a little girl who looks no older than 8, her hair is a clear golden color, and her eyes are yellowish.
"This is the last picture we have of her, but according to my boss, I'd be able to recognize her just from this"
>He says
"For now, concentrate on that case, we can talk about paying your dues to me afterwards"
>Ludendorf gets up and pays his bill
"I'll see you around"

| >>527630
"See ya..."
>He picks up the pic and giving it another once over before pocketing it. He turns over to the woman from before.
>>527498
"Hey, did you say Aster earlier?"

| >>527653

"Yeah, he's a friend of mine-" >Jolyne answers in Portuguese, then realizes she's not talking to Amadeo, and continues in English. "-oh, shit. Evening, geekboy."

>Yup. Now that you can see her clearly, it's pretty obvious "Jolyne" is actually just Janeiro, going under a different handle.

| >>527725
"Jan... what's with the alias? Where have you been?"

| >>527507

"Alright then~" >The Amadeo-construct bows again, summoning a copy of the cards she's dealt to DMT.
"First up, the Star. In obverse- like in your case -it can be taken to represent hope, the opportunity to rebuild anew atop the mistakes of the past. Now I need to ask you: Do you agree with this draw?"

| >>527507

>While she waits for Dexter's answer, the construct turns to Terence.
"Your card is the Hanged Man, in reverse. It suggests sacrifice. Specifically, sacrifice gone wrong- Perhaps there's something you don't want to sacrifice. Or maybe a sacrifice >>>has occurred, and it doesn't feel worth it.">The Matrix avatar pauses, to serve the trio their drinks- Terence's Hanged Man comes in a glass with a cross on it, and Mia's Justice has a crown.
"Do you agree with this draw?"

| >>527507
"And yours-" >She turns to Mia. "Is Justice. It is, in my opinion, one of the simpler cards on the deck, suggesting karmic retribution- What you get is simply a result of your actions, nothing more. And, of course, the important question." She pauses, this time for effect.
"Do you agree with this draw?"

| >>527782

"...depends on who's asking, for both questions." >"Jolyne" laughs, taking a sip of her Burning Monastery.

"No, real talk though, I'm just... taking a vacation, I guess. Got a little tired of... everything, really." >She shrugs, her tail bouncing with her.
"...what's up?"

Total number of posts: 130, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1549563041

This thread is permanently archived