danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
[Livestream] XNBC's Joyous Morning

| > The livestream opens with a blank screen. A scrolling text appears at the very bottom of the stream window, as a familiar sight, it reads "Five seconds before the stream starts, Houston!"

> The stream is open for registered user and anonymous visitor alike. The same goes for the comment section; it's wide open for everyone to jot down their thoughts.

> An orchestra plays 'Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy' in the background as the stream idles.

| > [ EDN joins the room ]

Awesome! I was waiting for this. Hey, XNBC! o/ -EDN

| (^・^) Hello there, EDN! I'm still setting up the equipment here, so it may take some time.

I really need to learn to make the instruments deck smaller! -xnbc

| >[[REDACTED] joins the stream]

Oh. I haven't watched one of these in a while.
-[REDACTED]

| Soo... XNBC, got a wild question.
How do you evade a security force of a gun runner?
-Jefferson

| > As the new participants enter, the bottom text changes to 'commencing stream!'

> The stream window flickers briefly. After droning for an incessant second, the stream shows a foggy scenery. The camera is able to pick up the buildings in the far distance; it seems that the stream it set in a tall building somewhere.

> The camera sits still, framing a table with instruments on them.

| > A crackling noise then follows. Shortly after, a suit-clad Lilim enters the stream, approaching the table.

"Test, test—… Video test! Sound test!"

> She waves at the camera while tapping on a microphone attached to her suit. Light breeze often goes to pass the microphone, making a sound when they do.

> The Lilim straightens her long black skirt before taking a seat on an unseen chair below the table.

| > She let her hands float above the table, as her hand goes below the table, still unseen to the camera, a melody plays.

> The 'table' was, after all, a piano.

> The melody is an easy one to guess; the repeated keys are what gives it away as 'Fur Elise' — the Lilim is perhaps only warming up.

"Today is a beautiful morning!"

> The Lilim smiled to the camera. She peeks at the left-hand of the table, seemingly reading something.

| "Welcome, everyone! I see EDN, XNB—… whoops! That's me! And uhm.. the name is REDACTED? Strange! Finally, Jefferson!"

> She had to pause reading to focus on the piano; though, it took her only a split second to do.

"Let's answer the viewer's comments here!"

> As the melody accompanies her, she reads out the comments. Responding to each one of them as she stops reading.

"It's nice to see you here, REDACTED! And for Jefferson… I'm not too sure what you are referring to. Sorry!"

| >110 has joined!
110: Hey, you're streaming!

| >̴̧͠[̵͢ĘЯ̶͟͢ЯØЯ͡͠]̸
̢M͏͜ęr̵̨l͘͢į̢̕n͠:҉ ̨͞҉G̶̀͞o̸͜͡o͟d ̛̕͜m̀oŕ͏n͢ì̶͘n̸̴g.̡

| > The Lilims found herself cutting the piece short before its final movement. She exhaled in her pause to see the new comments.

"Hello, you two! Good morning!"

> She looks at the comment section with a worried expression, perhaps it's due to the error?

"I… I guess that is the normalcy! Let's tread back to music!"

> Her left hand hovers on the piano keys. It began playing a smooth tune of a late sitcom.

"Hey baby, I hear the blues-a callin', tossed salads and scrambled eggs!"

| (*Lilim)

> Her jazzy voice felt as though it brightens the cold morning. She hums the parts along with the piano and in her background, faint glimpses of snow can be seen falling.

"And maybe I seem a bit confused—"

> She glances the camera to spark her smile, one hand at the piano, the other waving.

"But I don't know what to do with those salad and scrambled eggs!"

> Once she finishes the verse, her two hand devotes to playing the piano.

"They're calling again."

| >[Anon 1 has joined!]

Yay this is back gramma likes ur music show

| > The tune of the piano rivets the stream to a relaxing atmosphere, with just the Lilim and her smile, the faint rising sun, and the spirits of winter.

"Ah! Welcome, Anon 1! I'm glad the show is enjoyable there!"

> Although unknown when, the Lilim read the recent comment made by her viewer. She promptly smiled at it, as per usual.

"Good morning, Glitch City! Have a merry day today, everyone!"

| 110: So, uh, how's it going?

| > The Lilim notices the immediate comment, she read it out loud but didn't take long to respond.

"I'm about as happy as a cat with a bundle of yarn. Thanks for asking! How about you, 110 — or rather, everyone here — how is this beautiful morning treating you?"

| Ḿerlin͝: M͏y͢ c̸oólan͝t̸ ҉s̸ys̕te̶ms were̸ u̢p̢grad͠e͞d͢ this̵ ̴m͢orn͢i̷ǹg͞,͟ ̛w̕it̷h t͜he͡ g̨e̶neróu͢s͘ h̵elp o̡f s̢o͡m̷e of my ̶frįe҉n̢ds,̨ ìn͏c͜r̛ea͏şin̴g o̶ve̶rall̸ ̸c̀a͡lc̶ulatio̸ns̛ ef̡f͘i͜c̸i͝enc̴ỳ of͠ ҉my͠ ͡m͘ain͠ co҉mpu͟t͠ìn̸g͟ ̷clu̸st͏er̢ ̵u̢p ͝to̢ ̶1̡2%.

| Damn, Just what I need with my finnish breakfast. I'd get an english breakfast, but someone stole my food replicator chips. Fucking Scavs.
-Jefferson

| Anon 1: I tried to make a tinny snowman but not enough snow yet it is still good morning

Anon 1: Merlin if youre a lilim why is your text all funny is it a lilim thing and whats the defference between a finnish and english breakfast

| Me̸rl̛in͘:͡ I͘ ͘dǫ ͡nǫt͜ ̀s̴hare ́a̧ny s̕imil̛a͠ri͝t́ies ͡wi̕t̵h a maj̀or͏ity̸ ͢of͜ ̴ĺil͢i͏m ̸f̧r͏a̵m̴es,̨ and̨ àm ͞co҉m͠p̢le͜tely͞ ͢ìnco͜m̢pati͏b̴l̨e͡ w̧ith ̧t̕h̛ęm ̀sof͏t͠w͞are̡-w̧ise͞. Mo̢reov͡e͠r, ̴ǹo̕ǹe͠ ̡of t̛h͘e̴ ̨a͞va͠ilabl҉e͢ o͢n͢ th͜e͡ o͞p͟e̵n͏ ҉mark͞et͡ ҉l҉ilim̨ ̧fra҉m҉e̢s h̴ave ̕calculat̢io̵n ̸capac̀i͡ty͝ ̢t҉o ͝s҉u͟pp̕o͘r͡t̕ ̢m̀y̴ ͟p̸ers̢o̧n͜àl̀i͜ty͠ m̕atr͟i͟x integ̸r͏ít̡y͝.

| M͘e̕r̕l̨in:͠ T̸h͠erefor҉e ͟I͜ ́a͜m ͏not a͏ ͡l̨i̢li̡m͏ ̛in ̨t̢he c̵omm͟on͠ s͞ȩn̕se͢ o̡f͞ ̢t͏he t̨e̡rm̡. I c̀an b̡è ́co͡ņsi͜d͏e͏re҉d ̸o͡n̢e i̴n͝ a br͠oade͢r͘ ͞mea͝ninǵ, ͢a̕s͞ ̸I am͝ ̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢̢ a͜rt͘ifi̡ci̢al, s͏e̡l͡f͟-a͝w͟a̵re,̧ a̢nd ̀sup͟po̢rt a ͝co̴m̸pl̸ex pe̢r̵sona͠li̧ty ̡mat̴rix.͢ ͟
̕I utili҉se̵ ͏t̨e̸xt in̡t̛erf̸er̴en͜ce͜ as a ͟p̡art ͟o͞f ͠my͢ hazardo͡u͘s͞ ̵d̢a̧t̨a ̧conta̢i͝nment̴ proc͡ed̴urès.͘

| Anon 1: Oh so youre a special lilim

Anon 1: My neighbor is a special lilim too but its because hes super old i think he can die like people

| "W-woah, the chat is drowning in fast!"

> The Lilim chuckled at the moment she saw the chat flashes, multiple times at that. She had to momentarily slow down her tempo to read the messages, lest she misread some.

"Is my screen dirty or am I seeing poorly rendered letters here?"

> She squints at the screen by her left, touching it with any available idle hand.

"A-anyway!"

| "It's nice to hear good news and Merlin brought themselves one! Your friends must be nice, hm? I've never had any free upgrades, does that make my friends bad?"

> She laughed at her jump in logic, quickly she subsided and told her viewer that it was only a joke.

"Aw, whoever stole your chip must be loving full English as much as you and I do, Jefferson! And, ah, have a nice meal!"

> The Lilim smiled at the camera, presumably for Jefferson, but perhaps more for the viewer.

| "Anon 1, the tips to make a snowman is to wait until a snow halati—uhm.. a snowfall! Yes. Strong snowfalls will give you more than enough snow to work with, but they make going outside uncomfortable."

> The Lilim looks up, already feeling the cold of the snow, it seems.

"It seems one is already coming, so prepare your alchemy and magic, because you are going to make a snow golem!"

| "—And it's an interesting topic you have there, Merlin and Anon 1! I'm happy to see that my audience consists more than just humanoids sentients!"

> She chuckled at her own remark again, though this time she had to pause her piano completely.

"I do hope you are enjoying the stream, Merlin! I wouldn't know what other artificial personality think of my show, of course!"

> After taking her short break, she goes to play the piano again, this time it's the usual 'Canon in D'.

| 110: Sorry, Hester needed me for something! Anyway, I'm good, thanks. Got another style-changer upgrade. It's just efficiency stuff this time, though...

| Mér̴l͏i̢n:͟ A̛ftér̴ ̀the̴ u͝pgr̕ad͜e ͢I h҉ad͝ mo͟ré ͞c̕a̧l̨c͏u͡la͟ti͢ons̶ c͟ap̢aci͡tý ̕th͝a̷n w͡as n̢ec͏eşs̡arý ̧t́o̸ ̴f͟o̡llow̕ ̀my ͢pr҉i̕mary̢ d̴ir͢èctiv̀es ̢ańd́ sup͞p͞o̷rt m̛y͟ ̢p͟er̡s͠o̡nali҉t̵y m͢ąţŗix҉.͢ ̢T́h̡er҉e̵f̴ore,̷ I ̶c͠am҉e ͢t͘o con̶cl̴usío͞n̸ ̵t͢ha̧t ́rȩsȩa̵r͜c̶h͏ ͠in̸t͟o̧ rec̀r͢ea͡t̶io͘n̵a̡l a̸c̕t̛ivi͞tie̕s̵ ̸will͟ b̕e ̢á ̷sour͘c͝e ơf̀ v͘a͜lu͏a̵bl͢ę exp̷e̕ri͡e͜ņc̡e,̕ a̢s͟ ̨wel̵l͟ ́a̴ş ͡a̸ ̕way͝ t͡o͠ ͟u̸t̕iļi͘se e̢xt͟ra calcưląt̡io͏n͘ ti͏me̸.̡

| Merlin͢:̧ my̛ ̢sel͠f̀-àńa̵l̵y̷si̕s͝ sh́ow̶s҉ si̷g̨ńif̴ic̕an҉t, ̵ùp̴ ͘t̛o̕ ͜0.9%͠ ҉in͝c͜re̡ase in ̷t̢h͜e͏ c̡o͞mpl͟ex͜it̡y ͟óf m҉ỳ ̧p̡er̵sòna̵l̴i̶t͏y ͠m҉a̢tri͠x s̕truct̀úr̕e ͏dúe̛ ̨t̡o dat̨a̢ b͝e̢ing ob̀t̨ained at͠ ͠t̀h̕e ͝m͜o̕m̵en̷t. ͠I̛t cou͝ld̶ ̡be sai̶d̛ ̡I ͟am en͏jo̷yįn̨g̨ įt, ҉or̀ a̢s̴ c͡lose͏ ̕t̀o͢ ̶b҉e ̢ęn͝j͞oyi͠n̨g͞ ́a̵s ͟possib́le.

| "My, my!"

> Quickly, the Lilim read the comments. Canon wasn't too much of a problem for her. Her hand was able to glide elegantly through, jumping in harmony through the silence-desecerating tune.

"Hester! I've heard of the name before. Where was it—… Ah, either way, an upgrade is an upgrade! Always nice to have whether necessary or not. That's what my guardian have taught me though!"

| > She took her time with another comment. With her eyes glancing over more to the left, her hands were looking as though they were on autopilot with the notes.

"Hearing you enjoy the stream makes me jolly, Merlin! For me, it's never a bad day when people can enjoy music along with me. Of course, I don't think that's statistically correct!"

> She giggled almost too quietly, but it's evident she tripped over her own joke again.

| Anon 1: Ok i will do that xnbc also i hope your personality matrix structre gets moe complex

Anon 1: Statistics is hard according to my sister

| Anon 1: *i hope your personality matrix structure gets more complex merlin

| >>512506

110: Oh, right, I think we've spoken before! I'm Oenone!

| "Statistics, hm…"

> The Lilim took up a moment to ponder, but there was perhaps more attention put to playing the piano.

"—I can't say I'm good at them either. I know, there will be people saying 'But you're a Lilim!' — to that I say: I'm not a calculator! I'm a Lilim!"

> She jolted back to reading the comments after pouting and ranting for a brief period.

"A-anyway, excuse my daily troubles."

| "Oenone… W-wait, are these the names I met at that diner? Ah, I'm bad with remembering names."

> She scratches her untied purple hair. It even takes her longer now, trying to remember something on the top off her head.

"But nice to meet you again, Oenone! I'm sorry if I don't have the best of memory around."

> The camera captured her smiling again, as though she is a child making excuses in front of her parents.

| 110: Oh! You were at the diner...? I don't think I saw you! Anyway, nice to meet you!

|

| "I'm not an active member of the conversation when I'm outside. It's only normal if you didn't see me! Millie's has some great potato-bacon though… Mhmm, now I want another serving of that."

> The Lilim kept her attention close to the comment screen near her. She hasn't put forth the attention to realise that she has played the song in repeat once.

"Oh, nice to meet you too! Glad to have you here where I can be more expressive and be a less dull girl in general!"

| 110: Well, Hester doesn't really need me for anything so...I can run and get you some if you want? (' w')

110: ...anyway, yeah, you seem more fun here!

|

| "N-no! I don't want to bother anyone. I can always take a walk there once the stream is done with."

> The Lilim speaks flustered, she stops playing and waves both of her hand to signify a shy 'no!'

"I need to stay professional… for whatever quality of professionalism this show have, which is close to zero."

> She nods as she stands up and summons a piano from a corner unseen from the camera.

"Well, let's play another piece!"

| (*summons a violin. That's a big typo.)

"I'll let you wonderful people decide what to play. For now, I'll just have this playing—"

> 'National Park, GSC: An Orchestral Rendition' is written immediately in the scrolling text as she strung her violin. The piano she had before quietly follows as if it was a member of an orchestra.

"I remember I had Goldenrod playing in my first stream. This will be a neat omage to have!"

| >>514128

110: In hindsight yeah, it probably would be a bother if you had to interrupt your stream to pick up the potato bacon...

| > The Lilim kept playing until she reached a point where she was able to let the autonomous piano play its own melody. She reaches out to read the new comment, thereby pausing her violin performance.

"That is true. As much as I like potato bacon, the stream will run until its destined hourly mark!"

> Before she plays, however, she takes a ponder at the scenery behind her.

"Ah. The snow will ravage the equipment. Let's see how long I can continue before that happens."

| >>514869

110: If it does give out, I can come over and try to help!

>beat

110: ...look, I'm just really bored and want something to do while Hester's away.

| "I-I'll consider the offer! I don't want to bother you though."

> She look nervously at the camera the moment her reply came. She had played the violin for a time now, but she complained little about the snow that she saw.

"It is pretty here. Being at the top of a tall building like this makes you appreciate the weather more."

| It̵ ͡is fo̵r̛t̨u͠na̷t̶e ̡th҉at͏ ̴G̢l͝it̵c͘h Cit҉y̢'̴s͟ p͠o͏wér ͟s͏u͠p͠p̛ly҉ i҉s ̧l͘oc̡a͘ted̷ m̶a̧i͟nl͏y b̸elow͟ ̢th̵e ͠gr̀o̡un̸d͡ ͘ļevèl̡. ̡In my ̵co̢un͝t̡ry óf͟ o͡r̛ig͝in, ąb͞ov̸e ̢g͜r̸ǫun̴d҉ pow̷e͢r ͝l̕in̸es̀ woul̛d ofte͞n be̡ ḑisa̛bl̢ed͢ by͟ we͝a͠t̕her͟,͠ lea̛di͘n̵g t̸ó s̡ìgn̷i͘fic͘a҉n̸t͢ d̀r̡o̵p͞s ̷in ̀m͠y̢ ͢p̡e̵r̛for҉m̵a̵nce.
—̨M̢e͞rlín

| "I don't usually think of placements of—… uhm, power supplies. It's one of the few things a citizen would care less, but I love hearing the consequences of their placement from someone affected directly by them!"

> The Lilim danced her head around to the melody she made, and often she would pause and hum along.

"—It's the same as hearing matters I think wouldn't cause issues to me, but then I see people being affected by them. It's horrible sometimes."

| Merl͢i̕n̢:̢ ҉My ͡c͟re͢a̶t̷ors ̢b͢el͠iév̸ed̕ ȩmpa̧thý ͜to ̕b̴e͝ ͞a͡n͠ im̶p͞o͏r͘ta͢nt̛ ̀a̕sp͡ec̛t̷ ̧o҉f h̵um̕a͡n ̢in̵ter͜a͡ct̷io҉ns, ̡a̸ b̵e͠li̷e̶f̨ th͝at ̀d̢o͢es̛ ́n̸ot̀ ͝contra͘di͝c͘t͘ ͠my̶̛an͘aly҉sis.͠ ͜It͏ i̕s͡ ҉o̢nly ̛u̴n̨f̀or̕t͞unáté ̡t̛h̶e͝ir at̶temp̢ts ̴to ̀cod҉e ̧i͘t͞ int͟o̵ ̵ḿy̕ ͝p͞er̷şo͏nal̸i̧t̸y mat̀r͝ix did̵ ̴not ҉su͘c͟c҉e͡s̸e̷èd.̵ It͘ ͡co͟ul͏d̷ be s̸a͘i͠d ̴Į e҉n̷v̴y ̸ĺili̵m̛s̢, ͠as I͞ do ̧r͘eq̡u̧ir̶e çap̨a̢bi̛l̛i͏t͡y͟ t͡he͟y͝ háve ͢and I̸ la̵c̡k̵.̢

| "I… never thought of it that way."

> The Lilim let her hands handle the strung of the violin. Her emotion was flowing in a downs and ups, as the camera captured.

"Being unable to feel empathy is incomprehensible. To me, it always was and is a human-like emotion. I'm not even sure how Lilims process empathy, honestly!"

> She smiled.

"But don't fret, Merlin! I'm sure you can work it out. Your problems, that is!"

Total number of posts: 52, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1545164471

This thread is permanently archived