danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
nC's army story #1

| So, some of you might know that in Russia you must serve a year in the army. I've done it some time ago and got some stories that i will share with you in those threads.
So, the story number 1
>How not to handle old artillery shells.
Ok, i was serving as a sapper and my unit is handling old ammunition, that is left after WW2. One time we got 4 152mm (6 inch) HE shells that was used by some type of naval artillery.

| Before disposing of those old ammo we were storing them in some type of underground bunker in the middle of a field. So, it's 11 pm, november, no light whatsoever, can't see shit. And here i am moving those huge (and heavy, every shell is about 15 kg (33 pounds)) fucking HE shells inside this bunker. Before you get to the bunker, you've got to get down inside some fucking trenches. And of course the stairs will be made out of dirt and nothing else.

| So, i'm handling 2nd shell, and when i go down, the step breaks and I've started falling. "This is the end of my life" - was my only thought at this time, and i guess, it's understandable why. Those shells might explode if you blow at it in the wrong place, and here i am fucking falling with it. Of course it didn't explode, otherwise i wasn't writing this right now. So, i got up, got the rest of the shells inside a bunker, started walking away, and BOOM!

| The entire bunker blows up. I was at about 50-60 meters (164-196 feet) away from the bunker and still got thrown away by a shockwave.
So, short investigation showed that the first shell to explode was that one i fell with. It just didn't explode right away because it's timed fuse was broken in some way.
So, here's how some people escape death by a dumb luck.
-nC

| thanks for blowing up a stack of russian shells. we sabotage however we can. got anything classified to report?

| >>453011
Well, keep in mind that those were old shells and our unit was going to dispose of them anyway. So i just speeded that process up.
And i just cant tell you anything classified even if i wanted. I just dont have the info.
-nC

| >>453046
fuckin 'ell do your part mate

| Wait,WWII?I cant believe that something actually last from then,thats so long ago

| Congratulations,I guess,you survived and give the russian one less bunker to care about.You did good

| Also,moral of the story to every fucking armed forces in the world,dont let your troops transport explosives in the middle of a fucking night without any light sources or night vision goggle because your troops cant see shit and you are going to lose a fucking bunker

| Who okayed this btw? Must have been a moronic co

Total number of posts: 11, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1541877309

This thread is permanently archived