danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Bar) The midnight Drifter

| >Another night in the city, another occasion to drown away worries and sorrows, and luckily for the people of Uptown, Emily had once again opened shop for the night and was cleaning glasses
"Why do I have the feeling I wash a lot of glasses for some reason..."
>She says with a sigh
>At the counter was sitting a small girl with long White hair was typing on a large CyberDeck while humming

| >A young woman comes through the front door, her face half hidden behind her long, fire-red curly hair. She was wearing a brown leather jacket with lots of signs of wear and tear, On the backthe logo of a now defunct transport company called "bunny express"
>She takes a seat at the counter and slams her head on it.
>After a few seconds of silence, an audible sniff came from under her arms, crossed before her head and a voice that said
"One of really strong sweet drink please"

>She paused, realising she just stumbled over her own words
"Something really strong and sweet, I mean. Strongest you got. And nothing with tomatos in it"

| >>410375
>Emily turns to the new arrival and lowers the glass she was cleaning
"Sure thing little miss"
>She pulls out several ingredients and pour them in a shaker with precise handiwork, after which she strains a pink liquid into a highball glass
"Here's your Sweetpunch"

| >She lifts her head, grabs the glass and drinks the cocktail in one go.
After shacking visibly, she opens her eyes again
"God, that hurt..."
>she paused
"...give me a sweet longdrink, please."

| >>410384
>The eyepatched bartender sighs and starts preparing another drink, before giving it to the girl, its a strange Orange and pink hybrid
"Here you go"
>She then rests her arms atop the counter
"So? What's wrong?"

| >She sighs and grabs the glass to take a sip
"...frankly, a lot. This isn't really good for me right now either, but I can't really help it."
>She takes another sip
"...you really want to hear me vent?"

| >>410393
"Well, I'm a bartender for a reason. And while I dont know if I can help, if you want to talk, I'm here to listen"
>Emily says with a warm smile

| "Alright...
Well, like I said, a lot is wrong."
>she looked down and paused for a second, then looked up at the barkeeper
"Oh, sorry. You can call me tomato.
So anyways.
First I loose my dayjob because my boss was a fraud. The company is defunct now... which sucks especially because I'm not getting paid this month.
Then, my girlfriend leaves me. It was something stupid we fought about, but I guess it was a long time coming. Hard to say."
>She paused again to take another sip

| "Thankfully, I got a gig shortly after. Solo-affair, exactly what I needed... or so I thought. It should have been pretty easy, go to Neo San Fran, track a guy down, get back whatever he stole from the corp who hired me and bring it back. Instead I head to chase this asshole over the entire continent.
Turns out the guy I was gonna flatline was a mil-grad Lilim and they hired me under the assumtion I'd die fighting him and they could swoop in and capture the guy when he was weakend"

| "...well, I didn't knew all that, almost got myself killed, 'damaged the merchendise' so I got paid less than I was promises, just about covering travel expenses plus some extra."
>she paused and looked in her glass.
Her demeanure changed from angry to sad and she paused yet again
"...then I got back here to GC and couldn't reach my mom."
>Tomato, clearly upset tried to continue
"When I went to her appartment, the police were already there... and I think you can guess the rest"

| >>410415
>Emily nods sadly and slowly walks around the counter before giving Tomato a big hug!
"Poor you... That's gotta be hard"
>She smells really good

| >Tomato sits in silence, surprised by the hug. After the short moment of shock, she leaned into the stranger hugging her and softly started crying
>After a few minutes, she wipes away her tears
"Thank you... I... I kinda needed that I think. I'm sorry I'm such a mess right now"
>being hugged by a girl felt really nice.
The smell of a woman and the feeling of warmth another person provides actually managed to turn her brain of for a second. She started to get shortly after though.

| >freeing herself from the bartender and looking away flustered, she grabbed her drink and started gulping it down again
>Slamming the glass on the counter, she took a glance at the barkeeper but averted her eyes right away
"Uhm... could you give me something sobering...? Something sweet and sobering. I think I'd need that right now."

| >>410428
>Emily still holds tightly, stroking Tomato's hair as she cries, on the verge of tears herself after hearing her story
>She starts to seperate herself after Tomato comes back to her sense, blushing a bit
"I wonder if this is how my grandfather felt after I cried in his arms... Anywho, I'm glad to help in any way"

| >>410431
"Of course, and I want to ask you a question, Tomato"
>Emily goes back behind the counter serving you an amber colored mixture
"Are you looking for work?"

| >tomato was kind of suprised at the proposal
"...uhm..."
>she stared at Emily in confused for a second
"I mean, I could use a new dayjob... but I did work in a transport company as courier... well until like a week ago I guess...
And are you really sure you want to have a shadowrunner on payroll?"
>The girl took a sip of her drink
"I mean, I don't really wanna quit running. Its dangerous, I know, but I have never felt more alive"

| >>410441
"Don't worry about it, this bar has seen people worse than a few Shadowrunners, this isnt exactly a suit's hangout either."
>She chuckles
"Plus I've been looking for part-time help for a while now and no one came"
>She sighs
"I guess this bar really is too gloomy... That or the geezers I get as regulars scared all the potential applicants away"
>She looks towards the tables at the back, where a group of old men just start to laugh 'Sorry about that Emi!' says one of them

| >Tomato turned around as she said that, confused. When she spotted the old men, she jumped a bit.
>immediately she turned around with a glowing red face and burried her head in between her arms on the counter
"Embarrasing..........."
>she mumbled

| >>410455
"Dont worry about them, they saw worse than that just now... I oncw had to deal with a girl that cried for about four hours straight"
>Emily then blushes a bit and turns to the side
"Although I never did hug any patrons before..."

| "I've never been hugged by a barkeeper either..."
>after pausing a while, then perked up
"No wait. Thats a lie. One of my ex-girlfriends was a barkeeper... so that's a lie... but never by a barkeeper I didn't know..."
>her head turned red again
"...I had to lie again if I said I didn't enjoy it"
>she wispered to emily

| >>410463
"..."
>Emily just blushes and shakes her head
"W-Well, if you need more hugs, You know where to find me..."
>She says, stammering

| >Again, Tomato slammed her head on the counter
"Argh so cute oh my god"
>she mumbled to herself
>Rolling her head on the counter, shacking her head of sorts, she started talking to Emily again
"God, look at me, first my girlfriend leaves me and now I sit in some random bar being a total raging lesbian, flirting with a cute bartender girl"
>tomato laughed, embarrased
"I think I needed that, though. Feeling anything other than wanting to die for 3 days...
Thank you for that"

| >>410478
"C-Cute- I mean, huh yeah, no problem"
>Emily seems embarassed but gives you a warm smile before coughing
"So about that offer..."

| "Oh shit, right, the Job. Sorry, I was kind of... caught up for a second"
>Tomato paused again, considering. Her expression shifted from the cheerfully awkward face she made a second ago and took a more melancholic vibe
"I... honestly don't know yet. I mean, if you are willing to hire a shadowrunner down on her luck who has no experience in serving drinks other than the fact that she likes to booze it up from time to time... but..."

| "You know... my mother might very well be dead. She is currently missing, at least. The last couple of days have been filled with booze, blackouts and self-loathing. I know I can't let myself hang and should do something, but it isn't easy, you know?"
>tomato looked visually chocked up. Grasping for words she continued
"...I wanna take this offer, but I can't garantee right now that I'm able to focus right now"

| >>410486
"Then I'll let you think about it okay? If you're in a bind, you can rely on me, and if you do end up accepting, I wont expect an all around perfect attendance, sound good?"
>She says with a smile
"And if its about your mother, I'm sure you'll find slme ressourceful patrons here, some who may even be able to help you"
>She points to the girl at the bar, the White haired one.
"This girl here is apparently a decker for exemple"
>The girl seems entraced by her Deck

| >Tomato turns around to discover she had overlooked another person. Again, she jumped a little
"Holy shit I did not see her there"
>After brief hesitation, she turned to emily
"Decker you say?"
>She thought about it a second
"Hmm... Some guys already promised me to help, but I really could use a decker... someone who could break into the GCPD network and get the investigation reports regarding my mother... for example..."
>she said while directing her attention to the decker-girl

| >>410490
>The girl doesnt notice you nor hear you... She's just mumbling to herself while looking at her screen, now that you look closer, she has horns and some kind of tail? Probably a hybrid of some sort.
>She suddenly turns towards you with a smug grin
"You're Tomato right? The name is Drachneil, we met on that thread, and as a matter of fact I wasnt just concentrating on my deck because you two got real embarrasing, okay? Okay."

| >Tomato turned as red as her namesake and smiles back awkwardly as she averts her gaze
"...sorry about that. I caught the gay pretty badly, y'know how it is..."
>After a brief moment of silence, she turned back to Drach
But I seriously did not expect to run into you here. Its a small world... or something.
I mean, you didn't even ask me which bar I was gonna hit..."

| >>410493
"Oh Dont worry about that, I got a way"
>Drach gets off the super tall barstools, revealing just how tiny she is, standing at a small 145cm tall, her tail shakes around as she does
"Its all a matter of being in the know"
>She winks

| "...why are deckers always so unsetteling"
>Tomato wispers to herself
"Alright, whatever. Have you found out something already or are you gonna indulge me and we drink with my cute maybe-future boss and we talk about what has to be done"

| >>410504
"Well, the second option is what you wanna do right? I'll indulge you"
>She goes back to the stool, climbing on it with difficulty, Emily laughs in the background.
"So- I wanted to ask a few questions, mostly about what happened but also where your mother lived and all that, its always good to hack into the righr branch office or police box. I just have to hope we dont have to deal with Lieutenant Chanka's squad, I dont have a death wish"
>She takes a small sip

| >She took one sip of the drink
"I mean, I already basically gave everything I knew about what happened.
When I got there, GCPD already tapped of the scene. I pushed myself by some officers, telling them its the appartment of my mother. I got a peak into the appartment. Furniture toppled over, the plants and my mom gone, blood sprinkled everywhere, the windows were shattered... thats about all I saw."

| "Her appartment is in Chapel-3, 3rd Street, Building BK201, Appartment D3117.
I don't know where Chanka works, I just hope not Chapel-3."

| "She works in Jinston, wherever the hell that is"
>Drach says with a nod
"Ill try and get a connection, and then I'll check if anything is out of place... Although I dont know why but GCPD seems mighty busy right now, and many investigations go nowhere"
>She starts to type on her CyberDeck

| "While you are at it..."
>she eyes the smaller woman
"...why not no chat abit, tell me about you. I mean, you probably know all about me by now. Isn't really hard to be fair because I already gave the gist on danger/u/ but... y'know"
>Tomato takes a sip
"Talking about other people beats being depressed and suicidal"
>she says with an awkward smile

| (I ment "why not chat abit" God I suck >_<)

| >The doors open to admit a Cat Boomer in a letterman jacket and cargos. As she takes a seat nearby Tomato, the insignia on the back of her jacket makes itself visible: A tombstone being shattered by wind.
"Óla."

| >Just as Tomato asked the decker to tell some about herself, the catgirl boomer enters the pub.
>She looks over her shoulder, spots the newcomer and turns to emily
"Hey Boss, could you give her a drink? Same as mine"

| >A tall women with graying black hair and a mechanical arm and leg bursts into the bar, she scans the room carefully, spots the red curls of tomato, and promptly softly tackles her and gives her a big hug, lifting her up slightly

| >>410820
"Sure thing"
>Emily chuckles

|>>410646
>the decker seems puzzled
"There really isnt much to me, ah, I guess I'm an Off-worlder, but that's about it to be honest"
>She shrugs
"I guess my hobby is stock exchange? Oh, And I got pretty big tits"
>She giggles

| >Before she could address the cat boomer who took a seat next to her, tomato was interrupted by another visitor
"FOR THE LOVE OF OF SUPER MECHA DEATH CHRIST AHHHH"
>she yelled in surprise
>After a brief moment, she realized who was hugging her
"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHK!!!!"

| >Dahk smiles and gives her a tighter hug, nuzzleing her cheek before putting her back down on the seat
"Hiya sweetie, how's everything going!"
>she goes over and takes a seat herself, leaning on the side and still grinning wildly
"Heard you met a cute bartender~"

| >>410854
>The bartender in question blushes, saying something about how she wasnt cute or anything

| >>410856
+W+
>Dahk gets worked up, and continues spouting at the bartender
"Yep! tomato here thinks you're such a cutie that she just wants to hug you and take you home and never let go! You're that cute!"

| >>410842
>As Dahk put her down, and her finally catching a breath, tomato turned to drach.
"S-Stock Exchange, huh? Making bank with that? Hahaha"
>Then she remembered the other remark
>She tried not to look, failed, averted her eyes and began to blush again
>>410854
"As I already explained, pretty shit... well, it got a lot better after I landed here to be honest haha"
>She beamed at dahk
"Ahahaha..."
>leaning over and wispering to dahk
"Just look at her, she totally is, right?"

| >>410857
"also don't say that out loud like that, its embarresing!!!"
>tomato continued to wisper to dahk

| >she smirks and whispers back
"Oh honeybun... you're never gonna get the girl if you keep quiet about it! flirt a little i'm sure she won't mind!"

| >>410862
"I did, actually, before you and that catboomer came in. She also offered me a job here so... y'know"
>tomato continued to wisper to her friend

| >her eyes widen, almost cartoonishly
"W-whoa Seriously!? talk about a nice score!"
>she leans over and gives the redhead another quick hug, and pulls away, with a much more somber smile
"But seriously, glad things are looking up, you having any more drinks? i'll buy!"

| >Dahk reverts to a slightly lewd smirk
"... Of course, if you want to have me, i'll be fine with that~"

| >>410867
>she let out a pleased sigh when dahk hugged her again
"Yeah, sure, I mean I was planning to at least. Though, I feel like I don't have to murder my inside anymore."
>tomato replied cheerfully. Upon dahks second remark, she became red like a tomato again
"Dahk! What are you saying?! H-How Lewd!"
>she replied shocked

| >>410870
>Emily pouts at the remark
>Drach is just laughing
"But I'm not even cute... Especially with all the burn scars..."
>The bar tender says while blushing, she seems to like the praise being thrown her way

| "What? It's not i'm proposing to you- sex always makes me feel better!"
>Dahk smiles dumbly petting Tomato before snapping at the tender and giving multiple thumbs ups
"Not true! you're very cute! don't let anyone tell you otherwise!"

| >>410874
"Boss, cuteness doesn't have to be a visual thing alone, you know? Character is also important... and you have a very cute character from everything I've seen"
>tomato smiled brightly

| >>410880
>Emily seems uncertain
"R-Really, so a girl that likes wrestling and old alcohol is cute too?"
>She smiles, and what a beautiful smile it is, absolutely beaming

| "Oh, n-not that you don't look cute, I mean you are very cute too visually speaking I mean..."
>tomato stuttered
"...I should shut up now"
>she said, slamming her head on the counter again

| >>410881
"WAIT YOU ARE INTO WRESTLING?!?! OH MY GOOOOODDDDDD"
>tomato jumped up upon hearing that
"T-Thats Soooooo cool!"

| >>410883
>Emily scratches her cheek
"My Grandpa got me into it, and I've been hooked since then..."
>She blushes

| >>410884
"I always wanted to get into it since I was a kid because of the story of mega santa, but I never managed sadly. Its an informational brick wall... but super fun to watch"
>tomato smiled back

| >Dahk giggles and returns the smile at emily
"Judging by her reaction, i'm pretty sure that makes you a cutie too!"

| >>410509
(OOC: Haha BK201 nice one!!)

| >>410892
(I wondered if anyone would get this hahaha)

| >A shortish girl enters the bar, dressed in punk clothes
>Two pieces of metal, like horns, jut out of her head, flashing with some neon lights
>The girl sits down at the bar, not minding all the commotion
"Hey 'Tender, gimme' something."
>She looks no older than 14

| >>410897
"Huh, can you show me an ID"
>Emily asks the newcomer
"And you'll have to be a bit clearer than 'Something'"

| >>410900
"How about a fedora filled with perfume with a plum floating on top if she asked for 'something', 'cause I mean, It's something alright"
>tomato laughs

| "pff... reminds me of what another cutie would do..."
>Dahk has settled and calmed down a bit, sipping some beer she probably got offscreen

| >>410900
>The girl grunts and pulls out an id
>Atronach Vacuos; 26 years old
"So, this good? An acquaintance of mine recommended this place for our meeting spot. And when I say something, I mean anything, surprise me."

| >>410907
>Emily raises an eyebrow, she had heard the name before? Maybe? She couldnt quite remember.
>She takes out a Fedora...

| >>410909
"Something that isn't perfume."
>She states, looking less than amused

| >>410911
"How about a fedora filled with grizzly temple."
>tomato suggested cheerfully

| "Or better yet, give her what I got... but in a fedora"
>tomato added

| >>410911
>Emily pulls out a glass out of the fedora, filled with clear liquid
"Tadaa- Magic trick"
>She smiles

| >tomato kept glancing at her com while emily was serving the new guest
>she then turns to dahk
"Hey, you don't per chance know where I can get a minidrone with arms on the quick?
I've got an idea that is worth a shot, regarding my whole mom-situation"

| "Hm? whacha planning?"
>Dahk tilts her head

| >>410933
"Oh, nothing... nothing... just... uhm..."
>she leans over to dahk and talks a little quieter
"Break into the crimescene and look for clues at my own volition while drach here cracks the GCPD servers"
>she says to dahk while pointing at drach

| >>410923
>Atronach sighs and sniffs the drink before sipping it
>As she does, someone else enters the bar, another shorty, although this one looks stacked
>She's wearing a lab coat and some ridiculous goggles atop her head, where real horns are located
>She has a thick reptilian tail, which she drags around the floor
"HEEEYOOOO, ATRONANACHHHHH!!!"
>Atronach cringes visibly
"What is this fucker doing here?"
>She asks to herself, ignoring the loud shorty

| >When the loud newcomer entered, tomato turned to emily
"Its getting pretty lively, isn't it boss?"
>tomato said with a brilliant smile and a laugh

| >>410949
"I dont dislike the noisy ones, they usually have the best stories"
>Emily says with a nod

| >>410951
"Is that so?"
>tomato leans forward, looking emily in the eyes flirtatiously
"How noisy do you think I am"

| >>410951
"OO-OOH, this girl gets it! The Exaltion, the romance. Yes, this is Chaos!"
"Exaltion isn't a word, Ririna..."
>The mad scientist, at Atronach's words, tilts her head before taking a seat
"Still, what a coincidence. I move into town and you're here? How long has it been? Since the VCR?"
"I saw you two days ago."
"...'sthat so."
"Yeah dumbass."

| >>410952
"Well, you're not noisy, you're a cutie"
>Emily mumbles

| >>410957
>Dahk smiles and mumbles to herself
"...Nice one, maybe i'm not such a bad influence after all~"

| >The Cat Boomer decides to speak up.
"...hey, Barkeep- Can I get a Piano Woman?"

| >>411019
>Emily turns to her
"Sure, let me fix that right up"
>And so she does, and before long a piano man is standing in front of you
"I don't get many patrons who order BTC classics like that"
>She says with a smile

| >>411046

"Eh, tonight's been a classics night for me in general." >Caju glances at the door. She pulls out a car key and begins idly playing with it, causing it and its Brazilian flag keychain to jangle.

"I did learn that the street racing scene here... Isn't the best, though."

| >tomato beamed a brilliant in the direction of emily
"Glad to hear, I wanna return the compliment but I guess you already know that"
>She then leant back, took a big sip of her drink and turn to caju
"Street racing ay? I mean, street racing sucks here in pretty much any district... except motor city. The name kinda says it all I think. Pretty fun over there, kinda dangerous... but seriously, why does everyone forget about motorcity?"

| (OOC: I feel like Playtime is totally out of whack because of me, because I'm like the one girl from germany here. Fucking Timezones!
>angrily shakes her fist at the clock
)

| >>411076

"Beats me, really." >Caju sips at her Piano Woman, flattening her ears against her head.
"But it's not healthy for anyone- not even Motor City. All my clients from there tend to be pompous asses." >Her dark green lips stretch into a smirk.

"But none of them have the common sense to not bully the girl who keeps your car running."

| >>411081
"For real? Thats bad practice. It's like being rude to your dentist, just an all around bad fucking idea."
>Tomato takes another sip
"I'm tomato btw, I don't think I haven't introduced myself yet. Ex-Delivery girl, full-time rigger, do street races sometimes. Nice to meet you"
>She said with a big smile. It was pretty obvious how enthusiastic tomato was about machines, so a mechanic was sure to catch her interest

| (I mean "HAVE introduced myself" FUCK)

| >>411082

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Lucia, but most people just call me Caju." >She offers Tomato a gloved hand.

| >>411087
"Ohhh myyy gooood, it feels like a club meeting here right nowwww!"
>Says tomato surprised when she heard caju was here too
>she grabs the gloved hand and gives a handshake
"Nice to meet you"
>the rigger responds with a smile

| >>411093

"...we're just gonna be stuck in an endless loop if we keep going 'nice to meet you', you know." >Caju returns the smile, pushing her drink away from the edge of the table.

"Sorry Baby Sis isn't here, by the way. She was kinda tired."

| >>411098
"Right, I already said that... I guess the alcohol is getting to my head"
>tomato giggled, taking another big gulp of her cocktail
"Oh, its cool, y'know. With all the people that want to help me already, I think we can get things rolling. I mean, we have wheels, guns, drones, mechanic skills and a decker. I'm feeling pretty confident that we can get to the bottom of this. Well, I hope so at least. Or its the booze talking now."

| >>410953
>The two shorties have been chatting for a bit now, when another person enters the bar
>A shortish girl, dressed in only a black cloak, her entire body is white, even her hair and eyes
>Ophelia notices Atronach and goes to sit next to her
"We have arrived, hello Emily, Emily, nice night, yes? Yes indeed. Night is young, bar is busy, Emily."
>Seems like she knows the bartender
>The other two have yet to realize her arrival

| >>411098
"Tell me thou, Caju.
You don't happen to know someone who can organize me a mini drone with articulated arms. Something that can stay out of sight easily but can also carry small objects. A good camera would help too.
My drones are all of the... how do you say... either delivery or shooty variety... or both."
>Tomato asked, leaning over to the catgirl

| >>411215

"I, uh, I'm afraid not, sorry. I >>>can look around though- Race organizers tend to have a surplus of drones like the one you're asking after.">Caju doesn't seem to mind Tomato getting so close to her.

| >>411227
"That would be a huge help, thank you!"
>Tomato said excitedly, giving Caju a quick hug
>After that, she happily returned to her seat, taking another big gulp

| >>411233

>Caju returns the hug.
"Don't mention it."
>Once Tomato lets go of her, the greenette shotguns her Piano Woman.
"...my little sister's a redhead too, you know."

| >>411241
"Genetic redhead or by choice?
Y'know, I'm natural, but not this intense. I changed my hair because I really like the color red and I felt like I wanna be more... well, outgoing in my appearance. And now, it fits my MO perfectly"
Tomato said cheerfully

| >>411248

"Genetic, actually. I'm the one who dyed her hair." >Caju nods.
"Also, for the record- red hair looks super cute on you."

| >>411253
"Ehh? T-Thanks"
>Tomato replied a bit flustered
>"What's with everybody today" she thought to herself
>It still felt nice though, being complimented by people all evening
>...as evident by the stupid smile she was making
"No gene-treatment though? I mean, I get not wanting to because its expensive here in GC, but outside the city its pretty cheap to just turn your hair red permanently"

| >>411264

"Uh, mine's green..." >Caju twirls a lock of her hair around her finger. Yup, it's dark green.
"...but yeah, I dyed it back home in Brazil. Stuff's way cheaper there in general, now that I think on it."

| >>411266
"Yeah, I know, I can see... mixed up the words is all."
>Tomato replied, taking another gulp, finally emptying her glass
"Almost anywhere its cheaper than here, to be fair... well, outside from some things.
Now that I think about it GC isn't really the best place to live, but somehow people are really drawn to this place.
I don't know why I choose to stay here either to be honest..."
>she said with a puzzled expression

| "Well anyways... Hey Boss! Can you be a sweetheart and give me another drink? Something Sweet Please!"
>Tomato exclaimed, turning her attention to Emily for the moment

| >Dahk muses to herself, remembering why exactly she stuck around in this city
"True.. it's crazy... true it's expensive... but atleast this city is inexcplitily filled to the brim with cuties!"

| >>411275
"Now that you mention it, it is also filled with crazy and weird stuff. Everyday is like an adventure in and of itself. Like, Zombies, Panty-People, I even heard a story about a cyber-ghost. GC is where Urban Legends are born."
>Tomato laughed
"You don't get this stuff anywhere else in this concentration. I mean, sure its dangerous but its super fun to be sure."

| >She nods vigorously,
"You can't get married to a serial killer in any city~"

| >>411292
"I mean technically you can, except I'm pretty sure if they are a lilim som-"
>Tomato stopped for a second and thought about what Dahk just said
"Wait a second, what?"
>she looked at Dahk confused

| "The danger's part of why I stay, actually. The rest is because of Baby Sis." >With a grin, Caju moves the zipper on her jacket down a little.

>>411292
"...oya oya. Could you repeat that?" >She raises a brow, strong concern in her voice.

| >>411292
"Huh, congrats?"
>Emily says to dahk before thinking for a second... Where had she heard the name dahk before
"Oh! Are you the one that married Angus? Elena Douji was talking about you last night"

| >>411308
>Tomato sat there in shock
"B-Boss, Drink please"
>she cleared her throat
"First time I ever heard the name Angus. Or that you are married. I mean we are just runner buddies I guess but s-still"
>She thought about it a second
"Wait, didn't you earlier offer... What the fucking fuck dahk?"

| >>411314
"Hmm?"
>Emily gives you a sugar rush with a blush
"It's on the house, and I don't blame you for being surprised"
>She chuckles

| >>411352
>Emily serving her a drink snapped her out for a second, so Tomato turned her attention to emily for a moment
"What? Oh. Thank you"
>then she realized what Emily just said
"Whaaaat? Reeally? Oh my god you truely are a sweetheart!"
>She then proceeded to take a big swig of her drink
"I swear to god if you were to bring me a sandwich right now I'd be yours forever. Alcohol and food are the fastest way to my heart"
>tomato said, halve as a joke, laughing but clearly flustered

| >>411210
>The two shorties finally notice the exhibitionist weirdo and sigh to themselves
"So you were meeting Ophelia? Man now we just need Monty and the OG crew would be back."
>Atronach sighs and sips her mystery fedora drink
"You... you're still in contact with Monty? Didn't he actually leave this reality?"
"That he did. Got my ways, though. Nihihihi."
>Ophelia tilts her head
"Genius, such a Genius, Surprised. We weren't expecting Lavi. Lavi is cute today too. Lavi cute."

| >>411308
>Dahk nods
"Though perhaps i should say 'Ex-serial killer'... Her lilim killing days are long behind us though... There's something else more concerning though i won't talk about that"

>>411314
>Dahk tilts her head
"...Is there a problem with that? We can still fuck if you wanna tomato~ It's not like she'll mind too much i'm sure~... Well, if she did, she would've already murdered me"

| >>411365
>Emily pouts her cheeks at Dahk's comments
>>411356
"I-I'm sorry I don't have much food here, it's all just meat..."
>She says, regretfully

| >>411210
"Oh, hello Ophelia, where is F?"
>Emily asks the Newcomer, noticing her a bit late

| >>411371
"Not here, running from something. F? Worrywart, went fishing, got boot. Rubbery, but tasty. We know of cuisine, eat food like you do?"
>She tilts her head, Atronach simply sighs, her 'horns' flash as a low whirr is heard from them
"I didn't call her here, Ophelia. She just appeared. So, Monty?"
"You want me to call him? Not a wise idea, guy's got his hands full saving the Quantic Universe."
"Don't care. This is about back then."
"I see... but first."

| >>411368
"W-what? look don't pout at me! i'm not the one messing around with..."
>She gets cut off by the sound of her glass cracking under her frustrated grip.
"...Sorry, Another glass please?"

| >>411372
>Ririna turns to Emily
"Hey big cutie, love the eyepatch, gimme a sweet drink. But I doubt even that would be half as sweet as you are."
>Atronach cringes at the dragon shorty's pickup line
"Eww."
>Ophelia is drooling for some reason
"Boot..."
>These three shorties seem quite problematic

| >>411365
>Tomato almost spit out her drink when dahk gave answer
"God damnit Dahk, I'm not DTF, I'm not *that* easy! I might be easily swoon by cute girls, but it needs more to get into my proverbial pants!!"
>she answered, pouting as well
"Besides, I don't condone cheating. Well, I guess its none of my business, but I wouldn't wanna help someone cheat.
Neither do I condone lilim killing, would be hypocritical. My ex was one."

| >>411365
"I like you dahk, but you are reeaaaaaaaaaaaaalllyyy something else"
>tomato sighed.
"Well, whatever. Your spouse and your relationship is none of my business I guess."
>she turned back to emily
>>411368
"Anyways... The sandwich was... how do you say... proverbial. I love stakes too, y'know"
>she said jokingly
"Only thing I don't like are sausages. No pun intended"

| (I spelt Steaks wrong. Fuck)

| >she sighs and leans on her arm
"Mm well it was worth a shot. Sorry for upsetting you Tomato, i've been going a little crazy myself these past few ays

| >>411381
"I'm not one to hold grudges, I'd rather settle scores... and I don't have a score to settle with you, don't you worry"
>tomato replied friendly
"I talked so much about my own trouble that I think its time to say: 'You can cry yourself out on my shoulder, too'"

| >>411379
"I really don't like Sausage either... I've always been picky with food, and that bothered my father to no end"
>She blushes a bit
"I-I wasn't pouting at you either, I was just pouting at dahk's comment"

| >>411384
>Tomato directed her attention to Emily again
"Yeah, I get that. Dahk is pretty wild, but she is a pretty nice girl despite everything. Wouldn't wish anyone else helping me out when I'm in a pickle, so don't be too mad at her, okay Boss?"
>She beamed at emily brightly

| >>411396
"As long as she doesnt flirt with you"
>Emily mumbles and starts cleaning a glass

| >>411400
>dahk picks up on that comment and laughs
"Shhh i already got shot down once, why would i try again? She's all yours 'Boss!'"

| "ahahaha dahk's just a bit unique in her way of being friendly..."
>tomato replied jokingly
"but, I mean, you could always give me *more* reasons to except your job offer y'know"
>she said, a bit mumbly
"Thou if I'm honest I'm already inclined to accept"
>she added, scratching her blushing cheek

| (*accept, fucking damnit. ginjdfgojnsdifgnidsfngisdfn)

| >>411402
"I'd be very happy if you did accept it"
>She nods
"You'd look great in the uniform"

| >>411422
>Tomato took a deep gulp of her drink
"Tell you what boss. Might be the alcohol talking, but if you give me an uniform right now, I'll try it on.
If it fits me and I look cute in it, I'm gonna give this a shot. We can sign a contract or whatever when I'm sober and ready to make rational rational adult decisions."
>she said while standing up from her seat
"You've got a bathroom or something where I could change, right?"

| "Why don't you try it out here? I'm sure the boss is just dying to see you naked"
>Dahk slurs, evidently getting quite drunk

| >>411454
"I said, I'm not *that* easy"
>Tomato responds, flipping Dahk off jokingly

| >>411432
>Emily nods and goes to the backstore, bringing out a uniform, it looks almost new
"Here, you can use the backroom, it's on the left"
>She invites Tomato to go beyond the counter

| >>411461
"Ohhh, this ought to be fun! Thanks boss, see you in a few minutes, watch Dahk for me yeah?"
>Tomato says cheerfully, as she grabs the uniform and disappears in the back room
(And I go to sleep. The Tomato shall return sooon!)

| (Okay I have to know, what Timezone are you guys)

| (Me? i'M EST, what about you stranger cause your ID changed -Dahk)

>Dahk whistles to herself, resting her head on the counter sleepily
"mm.. what i wouldn't give to be with her right now.."

| (Goddamnit. I forgot to identify myself >_<
Sorryyyyyyyyyyy
-tomato)

| ((ahahaha

get a load of this shit- i live in qatar

that means when i go to sleep and wake up there's so many posts i can't actually follow the thread anymore))

| (Now I'm not the only one who forgets to identify herself, lol.
Though the flood of posts could just be my fault having wayyyy too much time on my hand because the semester hasn't started yet
-tomato)

| ((fair enough

but yeah i can't actually follow this thread anymore @_@ -archarin))

| (Oh, right. I'm CEST... meaning its a long fucking way from EST
-tomato)

| (I'm EST, but Im a night Owl, so I stay up really late, mostly playing League like the failure I am -Emily)

| (damnit, I was waiting for you all day :I
@~@)
>After a few minutes of changing, tomato opens the door to the backroom
"So? How do I look?"
>She said, walking back out into the bar
>It was clear she was filled with gitty excitement and confidence
(I need the boss to tell me what the uniform looks like lol)

| >>412002
>The uniform was that of a traditional bartender, skirt and tights included, it was almost exactly the perfect size
"I knew you would look good in it, my eyes never deceived me before"
>Emily nods to herself with a smile

| >>412002

>Caju can't resist the urge to clap.
"Hey, that looks good on ya!"

| >Impulse walk in with plate carrier full of bullet holes and altyn helmet which faceplate are full of deformed bullets and stain,Impulse arm was bandaged and his guantlet was missing
"I will have a gut punch"
>Impulse sit down at a stool and take off his helmet and his balaclava

| >Tomato turns around, playfully showing off her outfit
"Y'think? I like this outfit already, I always feel like pencilskirts show off my butt really well. I love them but I never get the opportunity to wear them."
>she says with a cheerful tone
>Suddenly, a new visitor comes in
"Oh, Welcome to the Midnight Drifter!"
>as he orders, tomato scoots over to Emily
"What do you say Boss? You can show me te ropes right away, ain't that convinient"
>she says to emily with a big smile

| >Impulse look at the new bartender
"Are you new here?I remember there was only Emily last time I came here"

| >>412190
"Got the offer today, actually. You can call me Tomato"
>Tomato replied
"So... tough break Chummer? You look mighty ruffed up"
(The others are in EST Timezone, so it'll probably take some time till they answer)

| >>412194
"A raid,a really big one actually.One of the reason I survived is because of these special armor.Pretty much a terrorist group slaugtered all my neighbor so I remove them from existance"
>Impulse take a broken guantlet out from his duffle bag and start to scrap it into pieces
"Guess I have to craft a new gadget now"

| "Turn out,these guys are not petty thieves,They are well armed,Im talking about around 300 people strong group, a few APCs and two freaking tanks"
>Impulse try to use a knife to get a deformed bullet out off the back of his helmet.Sadly,the bullet wont come out

| "Actually again,using the term "slaugter" wouldnt be right,they exploded the building next to my workshop"
>Impulse correct himself

| "Wow, you got outta that firefight? By yourself? Sounds like you could sell that experience as an action sim and call it hardcore something"
>tomato joked
"Seems like you really need a drink. Gutpunch coming right up, right boss?"
(And now we waiiiittt)

| "I have a friend in the special force so he helped me in that raid since the terrorist group was wanted by the special force anyways"
>Impulse reply

| >Caju watches the conversation, though her gaze is more focused on Tomato than anything. Eventually, though, she turns to Emily.
"Hey, can I have a drink? Your choice, mind- I'm not feeling picky right now."

| >>412215
"Huh... well at least you weren't all alone I guess"
>>412217
"Really? Not even a preference in taste or something? Just... something?"
>Tomato asked Caju a bit puzzled
(Gotta bump this shit before it dies >_>)

| >>412269

"Yeah, just anything." >Caju picks up her keys and twirls them. The world "WILLYS" is engraved in large capitals on said keys.

"I just want an excuse to check out that uniform, really."

| >>412187
"I'd be glad to help you, and let me tell you, i'll make a true barrista out of you!"
>Emily puffs her chest and points to the underneath of the counter, where bottles and distributors are neatly arranged, BTC logos cover most of them, they seem to be the base ingredients used in the makings of cocktails
"Under here you'll find the base extracts to make BTC cocktails, the classic sugar rushes and all that"
>She explains with a smile
"We don't serve those often though"

| >When Emily puffed her chest, Tomato directed her immediate attention towards Emily
"Oh? I always wondered how this stuff works."
>She said, curious, nodding
"So, as far as I remember Gutpunch was a BTC thing, right? How do you make those?"

| >Dahk shoots a couple of thumbs up at Tomato, a small trail of blood running down from her nose
"Cute!"

| >The loli trio is still in a heated discussion, something about underwear
"No, No, No, you don't get it Atronach. Panties? Spook. Morals? Spook. It's all a conspiracy by filthy rot stinking neckbeards to restrict my freedom and sex appeal, these fuckers are trying to stop me from getting a love interest. Ophelia gets it, look at that cloak of hers, nothing under that."
>Ririna shrugs
"You're a goddamn creep, both of y'all."
>Atronach cringes hard
"Boot..."
>Ophelia, still drooling

| (I somehow expected Emily would continue to explain stuff so a Gut Punch and... something... gets on the counter already >_>
-tomato)

| >Impulse take out a headphone and his phone to listen to music

| >>412421
(Sorry ;-; I've been getting busy IRL and there isn't much I can do about it right now -Emily)

| >>412387

"Couldn't have said it better myself." >Caju takes a deep breath.

"That out of the way though- We need a plan, don't we? To find Tomato's mom?"

| >Impulse look at Dahk,whose blood from her nose start drip down to the floor
"You are not going to stop your bloody nose?"

| (*start driping down sorry)

| >A man, in a tailored suit, walks in, taking a seat at the bar, and tries to flag down the bartender.

| >>412576
>Emily looks at the man and goes to him with a smile, nodding to Tomato to follow along with her
"Hello, welcome to the midnight drifter"

| >Tomato looked up from under the counter for a second
"Blood? Oh."
>Noticing the bloody nose, she grabbed a napkin from the bar and leaned over the counter to put the napkin infront of Dahk
>As she got back down from the counter, Tomato noticed the clue Emily gave her and followed up
"Hello, Welcome to the midnight drifter!"
>She said cheerfully

| "Oh, Hey Em, you on bar today?"
>Once you got closer, you can see that it's Jhensen, smiling back.

| >Seeing that her query has gone unnoticed, Caju firmly knocks on the counter once.
"Hello?"

| >>412703
"Eh? Yes? What did you want again? It was 'Something' and 'Checking out that uniform', right?"
>Tomato joked, taking a step back to spin around for Caju, so she could see the Outfit properly
>When she stopped spinning, she saw Jhesen coming to the counter
"Wait a minute, Don't I know you?"
>Tomato looked at him, trying to remember

| >>412725

>Caju giggles, holding a gloved hand to her mouth.
"I >>>did say something else, but... I don't wanna ruin the mood.">She starts twirling the Willys keys again.

| >>412699
"Oh! Hi there! I'm sorry it's so hectic, I got a new cute part-timer just today, the bar got popular suddenly"
>Emily smiles at the returning Jhensen, she hadn't seen him in a while

| >>412732
"Wah Boss you make it sound like I'm the reason for all the traffic hahaha"
>tomato says to Emily flirtatiously
"But yes, I'm the new part-timer she just mentioned. Please excuse my inexperience. Normally I'm the one ordering drinks, not mixing them."
>she then turned her attention back to caju
"You said something else? I must have missed it when Boss showed me how this thing here works"

| >>412735

"Eh, it's a bit serious, and you look like you're enjoying yourself. Tell you what, though-" >Caju grabs one of the rectangular charms around her neck, and offers it to Tomato.
"These are the coordinates to my shop. We can meet there at... Some point. Up to you, really."

| >>412748
>Tomato Hasitated for a moment, then grabbed the charm. It took a moment to get out of her drunken-happy mindset to grasp what Caju was refering to, but it was soon crystal clear
"It won't take long, I promise. It's just..."
>She pauses
"I really needed 'this'.... that doesn't mean I have given up. Let's have a little fun and get to work."
>She said to Caju, nodding at her, Dahk and Drach with a determined smile.

| "...but please give me a hug before its back to serious business, okay?"
>she added, breaking her serious expression with a more somber smile

| >>412487
>Dahk looks at you confused for a bit, but then notices the blood and starts pinching it
"Ah- sorry! Thanks for letting me know!"

| >>412752

"Absolutely." >Caju wraps her arms around Tomato.
"Again, sorry about ruining the mood." >She briefly tightens the hug- for a second, Tomato may notice Caju's chest feels kind of weird -then returns to her seat.

| >>412732
"Yeah, It's been a while since I've been at the bar, but looks like an absolute party here."
>Jhensen slinks a little, not comfortable with buzzing bars.

>>412725
"Uhh... Maybe? Honestly, the last 3 months, I can't really remember."

| >Impulse look at his watch,he then put his mask and helmet back on
"Alright,Its been nice,but I need to leave now.I will pay for the drink ingredients in case you made it already"
>Impulse put some pennies on the counter then leave

| >>412810
"I didn't mean right now, but this is fine too haha"
>tomato laughed
>>412891
"Now... I'm pretty sure we met a few months ago. I'm not sure if it was on my first job or while shopping..."
>Tomato replies to Jhesen, puzzled
"Well, whatever. I'm tomato. If you didn't know me before, you know me now"
>She added with a smile
>>412892
"Ah, Sorry you couldn't enjoy your drink, please come again!"
>tomato called after Impulse

| >>412904
"Well, I'm Jhensen, nice to meet you."

| >>412904

"Oh, if you want a hug at the shop too, that's no problem." >She smiles.

"That out of the way- Have you seen those Diamond Records guys who just moved in?"

| >>413046
"Diamond Records? Nah, I've been out of town since 3 days ago and after that I was either drunk or crying or both and didn't really left my room, so I'm pretty much out of the loop right now"
>tomato answered, grabbing some dirty glass and starting to wash it.
>While she is just starting out, that much she understood

| (I meant until 3 days ago
>_>)

| >>413053

"Hm. Well, they're this Japanese record label. Nothing too noteworthy at first blush, but apparently their execs are fucking >>>weird." >Caju sighs.

| >>413057
"I mean, we have a Dog Toy Company run by actual dogs in town, how weird can those guys even be?"

| >>413061

"Excellent question." >Caju twirls her keys.
"Apparently one of them wants to meet me at some point. Just something to be mindful of when you come visit."

>The Cat Boomer stretches.
"Also, on a sidenote- You think I could try my hand at bartending too? I mean, it'll probably just be for the night, but..."

| >>413063
"Gotta ask the boss, she's the only one that can tell you that haha"
>tomato laughs
"Now that I think about it, I guess we have all these cute girls here... if we all would wear the uniform, it would probably be quite the sight"
>tomato says with a smile

| "Hey, tomato, would I be able to get an old fashioned whisky?"
>Jhensen says, raising his voice slightly.

| >>413068
"Just throwing this out there in case I >>>am allowed to work here for the night- I'm totally willing to see which one of us can wow the most customers."

| >>413063
"I'm not sure about two part timers... I dont have the customer base that could warrant it..."
>She then grins
"But I do have a maid Dress that seldom gets use..."
>She chuckles
>>413076
"Oh, An Old fashion is it? I see your taste is a s good as always, Here, Tomato, let me teach you how it goes"

| >>413079
"It wasn't ment as a challenge, just that I would love to have a photo of it or something"
>Tomato says jokingly
>>413090
>When emily adressed her, she immedietly started paying attention
"Yes Boss!"
>Tomato said with enthusiasm, pretty much jumping to emilys side

| >>413092
>Emily nods
"First thing first is the Whiskey, we use Rye whiskey in old fashions, all the spirits are either in the back store or in the shelves behind you in the bar"
>She reaches for the shelves in question and takes a bottle labeled 'Rye Whiskey-45%'
"We then add bitters, angostura bitters for this one"
>She pours 1 1/2 oz Whiskey into a glass
"People in the old times used to add sugar cubes and muddle it with plain water, but I prefer using simple syrup as a base"

| >She adds a dash from a small bottle and then tops off with an ounce of a syrup like substance, only then adding an orange wedge and a cherry
"And there you go, an Old Fashion, Emily style"
>She smiles

| "...I think I should take notes..."
>tomato says, amazed and bewildered.
>She takes out her com, taps a bit on it and packs it away again
"Got it thou, Boss!
Do you just remember all the recipes or how do you keep all this in mind?"

| >>413101
"Hmm? I usually just remember everything, my Grandpa drilled bartending into me from a young age"
>She scratches her cheek
"Well, I still do look at the BTC terminal rarely, when I'm making their stuff, but that doesn't happen a lot"

| "Thanks Em."
>Jhensen grabs the glass, taking a satisfying sip.

| >>413123
"Maybe I get my hands on some books about bartending.... Well, I guess there is also always the web for that.
Thou, I guess you still gotta show me how this BTC Machine works. I'm supposed to serve Caju here 'something'"
>tomato responded

| >>413127
"Sure, although usually when someone says 'Something' Its good to press for details a bit"
>She turns to Caju
"Any taste in particular? Maybe a type of drink you'd prefer"

| >>413137
"I did, she just said 'anything's fine' and she 'wanted an excuse to check out that uniform'"
>tomato interjected
"I feel like that might have been kinda questionable to state her intentions like that but I guess at least she is honest and I do have to admit I look real good like this"
>she added proudly

| >>413153
>Emily nods
"Ahh, okay, my bad"
>She takes a small screen from under the counter, it has a large BTC logo on the back
"This is the Calicomp, it contains a catalog of BTC drinks and how to make them, how about you give it a whirl, its easy enough to use"

| >>413158
"Oh, sure! I'm usually kind of a wizkid so I'm gonna figure it out I think..."
>Tomato took a good look at the terminal, then started clicking around
"Oh... so its literally just looking up what you wanna mix, press the buttons to add whatever you need and mix?
Soo lets seeeee... 5 Adelhyde, 5 Bronson Extract, 2 Powdered Delta, 3 Flanergide and 3 Karmotrine. All mixed. Aged."
>She pushes the mix button and it starts working
"Oh, What does blended mean?"

| >>413167
"Blended means shaking hard for a few more seconds, until the ice is completely gone from the shaker if its on the rocks, or until you feel its enough if no ice is present in the mix"
>She explains simply

| >>413171
"Oh, thats not that difficult. So I guess this is done now."
>Tomato takes the drink out of the machine, grabs a drink coaster from the counter and puts both infront of caju
>>413079
"There you go. One 'something'. I know what it is but you gotta guess"
>she said jokingly

|

| >>413197

"Thank you~" >Caju takes the drink, then calls out to Emily.
"Hey, Boss- Is it okay if I try tending bar too?"

| >>413229
"Well, like I said..."
>Emily sighs
"I dont have more uniforms, nor do I have the customer base to warrent three bar tenders"
>She nods

>Meanwhile Drach is trying to listen in on the weird shorties next to her

| >Amidst whatever is unfolding in the bar, A Lilim in work attire walks in, over a suit jacket he's wearing an open trench coat, his attire seems to consist of a blue undershirt, a dark green jacket, as well as tie.

>The Lilim is carrying a dufflebag of some sort over his shoulder and seems to shuffle in quietly and immediately head to a seat, starting to fiddle with his phone as he watches the room.

| >>413515
>Tomato, currently on stand-by so to speak, sees the lilim walk in
"Ah, Welcome to the Midnight Drifter? What can we do for you?"
>she says, greeting the newcommer with enthusiasm

| >>413517
>The Lilim takes a second to put their phone away, and push the dufflebag under the table with their foot, looking up with eyes that's outer rim were backlit with a neon blue.

"Already? Well, I doubt you would know how to make an Old Fashioned, or that you'd have the ingredients on hand. So I'll take a Bad Touch, thank you."

>He spoke politely, though a bit quietly.

| >>413521
"To be completely honest, we just served an Old Fashioned to that fellow over there"
>She points at Jhenson
"So if you want me to, I can fix you one up right quick"

| >>413522
>The Lilim's expression contorts into surprise, he smiles.

"That'd be lovely dear, thank you. How much am I paying?"

>He had a sort of accent now that he'd been speaking for a bit. American, with a hint of British.

| >>413525
"Oh, uh, I'm sorry, I literally just started so I couldn't tell you how much. If money is a problem I can ask my boss how much it costs... and stuff..."
>tomato responded

| >>413526
"Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure I could afford it. Speaking of your employer, what's the status of permissions on bringing firearms into the bar. As well as engaging in hand-offs?"

>The Lilim seemed oddly concerned on the rules, most people probably wouldn't give a rat's ass.

| >>413529
"The Old Fashioned is pretty good, now what was that about a hand off?"
>Jhensen looks at the lilim, then to the bag, and back to the lilim

| >>413535
"I'm selling some of a friend's stuff, got contacted by a person going by the handle of Jhensen on Danger/u/ recently."

>He unzips the bag a bit to reveal it was full of filters for masks of various sizes, and a few different surplus types of mask sitting on the top where they wouldn't get damaged.

"Something about the possible chemical threats in the air that has everyone so afraid to go out."

| >>413525
"Great, I'll get you one right away"
>Tomato said cheerfully as she got to work
>As the Lilim added his question, she stopped for a second
"Eh? I haven't even thought about that..."
>She pulled out her gun from unter her uniform
"I brought mine so I guess bringing them is fine but..."

| >>413537
"Oh, I think you don't have to look far if you wanna see Jhensen"
>Tomato laughs, putting her gun away and finishing that drink
"Here you go"
>She says as she serves that drink

| >>413540
>The Lilim remains quiet until his drink's served.

"That's good to hear at least."

>He casually took a sip of the cocktail, getting a small jolt as that was probably his first drink of the day, afterwards, commenting.

"Not exactly like how the old man made them, but good in it's own right."

| >>413541
"To be fair, it was the first time I made one"
>She replied with a cheeky laugh

| >>413542
"Not awful for a first time, a lot of mixing these from what I hear is proportioning. Also, for your boss."

>The Lilim pulls out a Black business card with a red stripe at the bottom, marked 'TopSec' in large white letters, seemingly one of the reader-based ones.

"Figured I may as well shill my employers.. not like I'm contractually obligated to. If this place needs more than a bouncer at any point."

| "So lucky you, I'm Jhensen."
>Jhensen holds out a hand, holding his drink in the other.

| >Emily looks at Tomato with a thumbs up and then turns to the Lilim
"So long as you arent rowdy and cause trouble I dont really care, just be civil and dont aim the merchandise at people, or else I'll have to fetch my own"
>She gives a cramped smile

| >>413549
>The Lilim was much of the same, taking a sip from his drink before shaking his hand.

"Percival Jeeves, at your service. Glad to make your acquaintance."

>It was a firm shake. He rescinds his hand after a few moments, drawing the dufflebag over with his foot.

"Took a bit longer than expected to meet you here. You remember the price I gave on the filters, right? Masks are starting at two thousand five hundred Zenny."

>>413550
>In response, the Lilim simply nods.

| >>413552

"John Doe, pleasure to meet ya."

>John digs around in his pockets after the hand shake.

"Now jsut one second, I remember I had my cred stick somewhere..."

>And He pulls it out of his pocket, a 5000 cred stick, and places it on the table.

"That should cover a mask and filters."

| >>413554
>The Lilim would pull out a mid-grade mask, an old PBF that was probably around when Mega-Ukraine was a thing, and a few filters for the internal cheek filtration system, roughly at the amount the man would get at the listed price as the Lilim wasn't a calculator.

"Regular filters, if you want Nanofilters I'd have to take them out of my pay."

>Percy sets them on the table, taking the cred stick after the man took the items.

"A real pleasure, hope these help you."

| "Whoa whoa whoa. Nanofilters?"

>John holds up a hand.

| "I hope I did a good Boss"
>Tomato beamed at Emily, picking up another glass to clean

| >>413557
"Milspec Nanofilters, yes, filters with nanomachines in them to prevent any atomic makeup not matching base Oxygen to enter them. They're pretty vulnerable to electric shocks though, why?"

>The Lilim cocks their head.

| "If you can get me 2, you can get another 5000."

>John pulls out a second card.

| >>413560
"I know better than to refuse a good deal. They come for high-grade masks though, so toss in an extra two fifty and I'll get you an MCU Two slash P. I'll need an address, preferably with rooftop helicopter access to make the drop at though."

>The Lilim holds their hand out, allowing the man some time to think over the offer.

| "...Make it two flat."
>John crosses his hands.

| >>413563
"Two twenty five and I'll toss in some spare lense membranes to prevent fogging."

>The Lilim said, holding out their hand.

| "Don't mean to interrupt but... just out of curiousity. What was that about gas?"
>Tomato interjects

| >>413565
"There's been gas issue in downtown, some people have been fainting from it."
>>413564
"..."
>John sighs, and shake's the lilim's hand.
"You drive a hard price, Percival."

| "Huh... I've got some money to spare and I guess a gas mask could always come in handy. You think you can sell one more Perival?"
>Tomato asks

| >>413566
>Percy smirks confidently, shaking his hand.

"Expect them within two to three business days, to the address you provide that is."

>>413567
>The Lilim turns to the bartender.

"What grade are you looking for and how many filters?"

>He was already pulling through his bag.

| "Hmmm... I don't really know, I just don't wanna be fucked if I need to get through downtown."
>Tomato replies, searching her pockets
"Well, I've got a credstick with 5000 Zeny on them. Give me whatever this gets me"

| >>413571
"I'm just going to use dollars since damn if I'm not good at keeping up with the modern market. Five bucks gets a filter, twenty for a low quality mask, et cetra."

>The Lilim said scratching their head.

"So I'm not exactly sure if that's enough for a mask."

| "Dollars as in US dollars? I mean, you just delt in zenny anyways but... The exchangerade is like ... Uhhh... This is about 500US$."

Total number of posts: 250, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1538348870

This thread is permanently archived