danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Magnetrine flight: How does it work!

| >A video starts playing
>A small girl wearing a lab coat shows up in front of a blackboard, and drops a pile of books
"Man has always dreamed to fly, and within the last century we have developed sufficient methods to allow such a thing to happen, planes, Helicopters, you name it"
>She grabs a chalk and starts scribbling something on the board behind her
"But we aim to go further, we at ACRAS plan to create the best flying machines out there!"
>She says with a smug voice

| "We are planning to Harvest the energy from the Magnetosphere to power flight! But to explain how that works, we have to go back in time, to the 1950's, after the great war"
>She turns around and slams her hand next to something she wrote on her blackboard: "USSR, 1950's, The magnetrine effect is observed for the first time"
"Yes indeed, we must look at the soviet scientists to discover the first evidence of the Magnetrine effect!"

| "This effect, observed from retrieved German technology changed the way scientists saw the world, atleast here, in the great city state of Burrow. For you see, it was discovered that some materials could, through a secret process and much preparation, polarize the Ionosphere of earth and allow for Ships we call Gauss Trucks to sail freely among the skies on magnetic fields!"
>She sounds excited

| "It was this very discovery that powered the following Loop projects in Sweden and in this here's Newland Park! Through usage of the Magnetrine effect, we built gigantic accelerators we affectionately call the Loops, and their core: The gravitrons which provide us energy and scientific discoveries such as AI and of course, the titular Gauss Trucks!"
>She nods her head and then goes back to drawing on the board, this time she draws some kind of ship

| "So to get to the point, this effect, discovered by the soviets and put into effect here by Eisenhower in the years after-that in the form of the loop allowed us to finally consider using the Magnetrine effect as a means to fly and transport heavy loads without having to waste so much money on fuel or power!"
>She finishes her drawing, it doesnt look too good
"Shush, drawing isnt my forte! So with that explanation out of the way, how the hell does it actually work!"

| "WELL! First of all, let's talk about Magnetospheres, this is what starts it all! You see, The interaction between the Earth's rotation and the movement of it's liquid core creates a magnetic field around our planet!"

| "You could say that the whole planet is just like a gigantic magnet, and the field is strongest around the poles, where the field's bearing angle is vertical, and weakest around the equator where it is horizontal. As we are using buoyant forces, which are negative around the southern hemisphere, we can only ever use the Northern routes which provide positive buoyancy. Because of these property, we measure the magnetic field in what we call Gauss units"

| "If Gauss units go negative, your Gauss disks will go downwards, and thus you'll fall to an early demise, so the higher the Gauss rating, the safer the routes!"
>She says

| "Second of all, the Magnetrine effects, and the So-called Gauss disks"
>She once again taps the black board
"In 1943, Mikhail Vorobyev stumbled upon what we call today the Magnetrine effect. Vorobyev was an engineer during WWII, and he worked on developing rockets and new guidance systems, while experimenting with various Gyroscopes he discovered something amazing"
>She taps the blackboard again, louder

| "He discovered that if you enclosed a rapidly rotating Neodymium rod in a plate shaped iron pod the the resulting device repels against the earth's magnetic field. He instantly understood what this implied and decided to refine his design, in 1950, he had a disk with considerable lift, the first Magnetrine disk was born!"

| >She takes a deep breath
"Of course, with the war ending and the world entering the cold war, Magnetrine flight was shelved as the production of weapons of war and nuclear devices took away all of the Soviets attention... truly a shame that was"
>She then puffs her chest and shows a smug grin
"But fret not! We at ACRAS have not forgotten Vorobyev's valiant inventions and efforts! and while the soviets may be our ennemies, we must learn from them to overcome them!"

| "The year is now 1988, and we at ACRAS will never give up, even if it takes hundreds of years, with the loop by our side, and with the power invested in us by God, we shall prevail, the skies will be ours!"
>She starts laughing
"The first Magnetrine testing is scheduled for 2009, there is much work to do, and to start from scratch with every plan is taxing, but we shall do it, I swear on the name of Frederika Addler! WE WILL PREVAIL!!!"

| >The video cuts after the last phrase, and only a black screen remains in the matrix... this data was ancient, almost historical.

| Hmm. Fascinating. Where did this even come from? What possible archive could have this?-Trill

| U.N Owen was her?

| >2009

Wow...

| Wonder if theres records of that 2009 test...

| I'm gonna try and track this thing down, maybe it comes from some sort of database that has other footage or reports.
Wish me luck G/u/rls

| Bla bla bla,scientific shits I dont understand

| >>409570 do you mind sharing it with me if you find it? Sharing it with the world at large is fine too. Might toss in some payment if you succeed. Be safe! -Trill

| >>409943
Yeah chummer, I actually did some digging and found the database, and let me tell you g/u/rls... This is old shit, what you just watched wasnt even a trid, it was a bonafide Video file, the format was Betamax or whatever that means.

I also found some records and other vids, and, saving the best for last: I found old as shit blueprints, I'm talking 1980's-2015 era of tech, outdated sure but goddamn is that drek retro.
-Drach

| >>409993 That is amazing! How were they even readable? I thought time/bitrot would have taken their toll by now. I know a few local historical societies would be hysterical seeing this. If I was more optimistic about GC I'd urge you to put this in some museum or university research department, but inner politics can...make people stray and do less spectacularly at their jobs.-Trill

| >>410058
Oh they're still readable, but this is old and complex academic english, and I dont have a mastery of all those weird terms they use, and no translation software will take the files since they're so old. I also found some weird Cipher, it looks like Enigma but I cannot for the life of me find an emulator that can decrypt it

Total number of posts: 23, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1537729698

This thread is permanently archived