danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) Audrey's Bar part 2!

| >Another day another night filled with drunks... Well it was a Tuesday so normally people don't come for drinks today. Maybe a few regulars who take a glass then leave... Audrey was playing computer games both yelling in rage and victory while Maggie was nowhere to be found and Ian cleaned glasses putting them in a neat row.

| >A silverhaired girl stumbles into the bar and yawns, slowly walking to the counter, evidently a little tipsy already
"....is that screaming?

| "Huh? No it's my boss... Shes playing computer games..." *The man at the counter replied* "Anything I can get you?"

| "Eh... the strongest stuff you got... i guess..."
>She takes a seat
"Computer games? well she should invest in soundproofing her walls...

| "Not something she's interested spending her cold hard cash on that..."
>He shook his head shaking some hot ingredients in a shaker.

| "Uhhuh... well i guess i understand that much... So what's your name tender?"
>she leans on an arm

| "Ian..."
>He gave a mutter as he threw the drink in front of her.
"Careful... That stuff is actually really hot..."

| >ignoring the warning, she goes ahead and shotguns the entire drink, probably regretting it as she later coughs and scalds her throat

| "Made with those new death peppers!"
>The bartender exclaims proudly. Who puts peppers in a drink?

| >A sudden appearance!
>A man wearing a disheveled shirt and neck tie enters the bar, his long black hair tied in a messy ponytail, he walks in with an uncertain stride as his hand slowly caresses a shabby beard
>His eyes are hidden behind sunglasses... while it's night time

"Huh, hello?"

>He says, uncertain

| "Hey hun..."
>The man weirdly replied...
"What ca-"
>Hes soon cut off by the boss who runs out yelling...
"YEAHHH BABY I FINALLY BEAT IT!"

| "congratulations girlie!"
>The silver haired girl cheers, but then takes a moment to process what the bartender just said
"...Death... pe-"
>suddenly, as the heat overwhelms her mouth, she headbutts the counter and slams her fist on it, trying to get through the sheer pain

| >Impulse walks into the bar and go sit on a stool
"Dont worry, Im not here to craft or shoot anything up. Can I have that new thing made from the death pepper"

| "Ian you snail suckin dumbass!"
>Audrey gave him a smack.
"You we're supposed hold back from giving that drink away until tomorrow!"
"Not my fault you gave me the ingredients to make it!"
"Not my fault that my cousin gave me the peppers early!"
>The two where fighting right there!

| >The door swings open to admit a Lilim. Her plating is ice-white, sharply contrasting with the rest of here- She's got electric blue hair done up in a side-tail, with lips the same colour. Her eyes and nails are red-orange, the same color as the messenger bag on her shoulder.
>Casting a glance or two around, Oenone decides this place is as good as any and approaches the counter, seemingly oblivious to the fight happening there.

| >>406262
>She continues to slam her face against the counter in pain, before slowly rising her head
"W-who were you even saving that hellish drink for anyway?"

| >Impulse look at the pair fight

| >A man walks in, taking off a gray biker helmet adorned with a pair of small, imp-like horns. He adjusts his worn down leather jacket and looks around. None of the clientele seemed to have a remote cultural resemblance, it was full of loud drunks and the staff were fighting eachother. The figure let out a sigh and gave a disapproving head shake to the world, finding a free seat by the bar. He figured they'd swing by him eventually.

| >While the other two fought, a small frail girl came from the back.
"S-Sorry about those two..."
>She hit both of them upside the head and the mumbled and split ways.
"Now... What does everyone need?"

| >Jackathon near kicked in the door when he read about a certain drink. He charged in, sat at the bar, and waited for a 'tender to come serve him.

| >The biker asked for a gut punch, just loud enough to be heard. Then, the new arrival caught his attention, giving a subtle look his way. Adjusting his jacket again as a distraction, an expensive looking patch made itself visible, it's pristine glimmer making an odd contrast with the old, vintage apparel.

| >>406460
>The tall man with the shabby beard sits down slowly

"I'll just take something sweet, without any karmotrine or whatever it was called"

>He says with a tired voice and an equally tired expression

| "I will just take a gut punch"
>Impulse say as he look around the bar

| "I'll have that one drink, the one made out of the hottest peppers?"
>Jackathon looked around and spotted Impulse. He walked over and sat mext to him.
"Impulse, it's good to see ya!"

| >Impulse turn to Jack
"I have something for you"
>Impulse take out a suppressor,five 20 round detachable magazine and a PSO-1 Scope then he hand it to Jack
"Thats for your SKS"

| >The biker smirks, noting the supplies. He turns back to his drink and sighs. "What a fuckin' mess..."

| >Oenone shakes her head, confused at the sudden influx of happenings immediately following her entrance.
"Bar... barkeep...?" >The Lilim tilts her head, playing with her sidetail.

| >>406508 "Fuck yeah, thanks."
>Jackathon puts them into his bag

| >The bartender frantically makes the drinks and the other one joins in, He makes the two gut punches and the other makes the pepper drink and a sugar fairy.
>>406666
"Yes?"
>The Male bartender responds to the lilim.

| >>406724

"I'd like a Blue Fairy, please." >Oenone rests her head on her hand, fiddling with the strap on her bag. At this angle, the smart pistols holstered on her chest can be better seen. Engraved on the pistols are two names- "Komaeda" and "Nanami".

| >>406670
"I will give you the rest at the mission"
>Impulse said as he look at the gut punches

| >>406937
"Got it..."
>She mumbled and quickly served a blue fairy and left.
"AW THANKS FOR ALL THE WORK!"
>Ian shouted as she responded with a middle finger.

| >>407099

>Oenone's gaze follows the departing woman, then turns back to Ian.
"This... Isn't normal here, I hope?"

| >A man on his late forties, Mistral, walks into the bar, slamming the door loudly as he closes it. He's wearing a pair of worn out working trousers and a tattered black coat. As he sits on a stool, he ties his long, curly hair in a ponytail.
"Evenin', fellas."
>He says cheerfully, as he takes a look around the bar. His voice is raspy, and as he speaks he has the habit of scratching his untrimmed and messy beard.

| >>407408
"Barkeep, get me a glass of the finest stuff you got in here. This is a night for celebration, chummers."
>He nearly yells

| >>407409 "And why's that?
>Jackathon replies

| >The biker eyes the arrival with a smirk, wondering what kind of direction this clown fiesta is about to go in.

| >>407424
"This old man turned forty nine today, and thinking about it, that alone is one hell of a fucking achievement in this city, to get this far without getting iced in an alley, don'tcha think?"
>Mistral laughs bitterly, as he turns towards Jackathon
"So, after I put my daughter to bed, I thought: why not enjoy a night outside? And here I am, wandering 'round the city and having some time just for myself. I mean, you don't get to live long here, so let's enjoy life, right?"

| >The biker snickers, putting down his drink.

"Famous last words."

| >Jackathon attempts to take a sip of his drink, but fails and burns his mouth and all that.
"*cough* So, what happened next? *cough cough*"
>>407784

| >Ian looked around finally finding a bottle of real beer from Germany! Of course it costed about as much as a car...
"You want this then? Pretty spendy old man..."

| >>407784

"...oh! Happy birthday!" >A holographic streamer appears in Oenone's mouth, and the Lilim mimics blowing on it.

| >>407928
How thats power generator of yours doing?,The one I gave you
-Impulse

| (Whoops,forget its a setting thread sorry)

| >>407993

"...what power generator?" >Oenone tilts her head, taking a sip of the Blue Fairy.

"I used Aikawa's charger, remember?"

| >>408008

>Then her eyes widen.

"...oh, wait, nevermind! Yeah, it's holding up pretty well, heh." >Oenone rubs the back of her head.

"Sorry, I've not been all... there, recently." >She mutters something under her breath. Something about fog and perfume.

| >>408009
"Are you okay?"
>Impulse take a sip of gut punch

| >>408013

"Yeah, I'm good." >She vigorously shakes her head, as if to clear it.

"There's just... one of the QNet dens, Perfume Harbor. It's full of dense smoke 24/7. Leaves me kinda zoned out for a couple hours every time I go in there."

| >>d4d070 >>d4d070 >>d4d070

|

| >Impulse quickly finish his gut punch and leave a few zennies on the table before going out of the bar

| >The silver haired girl finally gets over the heat, and mysteriously raises her head towards the bartender
"...Another one, i need more."

| >>407784
>The man with the beard slowly nods

"That's certainly an occasion to celebrate isn't it"

| >The door slowly opened, while an unusually tall and lean man dressed in a slim-fitting hooded suit jacket, black tights, large, ruby-red goggles, around-ear headphones, black gloves, awkwardly oversized chrome boots, and what looked to be a guitar case slung over his shoulder gingerly slipped through.

“Ah, umm – excuse me, is this... ‘Audrey’s Bar’?”

>He had a thick, but difficult to place accent, rolling the R in “Audrey” and stressing the last syllable.

| >>407869
"Money ain't an issue, and I'd pay anything for a real taste of the ol' Germany: let's go for the beer"
>Mistral says nonchalantly, turning to Ian, and then turning back immediately to Jackathon

>>407868
"What happened next? Well, nothing notable, fella, just lots of thoughts. About being a father, mainly. Heck, being a parent changes ya, y'know? But I'm happy things are going this way, really. She's a good girl, a smart one, ain't even scared of standing up for herself."

| >>408950
"But enough with this old man talk. I said I was here to celebrate, then I'll do so!"
>Mistral says loudly, cheering himself up
"You know what? There's no pleasure in drinking alone..."
>He says to Ian, turning towards him
"Barkeep, a round of drinks for everyone!"
>Mistral yells this last phrase, making sure that all the other patrons in the bar hear what he just said

| "Holy fuck, thanks man!"
>Jackathon raises his drink to the fellow then sets it back down. He's glad he has an excuse to not drink the spicy concoction.

| >Ian huffed knowing he had to make tons of drinks, and Audrey wouldn't help...
"Yeah, yeah..."
>He mumbled slowly but surely making the drinks.

| >The man with the shabby beard just nods

"Well, that's good, my wallet was light from the start, thanks"

>Hr simply says, ordering another sugar rush

| >Amidst the din of the bar, the slight creak of the door goes unheard as another potential patron pokes their head in to have a quick look around. A mess of short brown hair partially masks their face, but despite this their expression of surprise is quite clear once the sounds of loud chatter reach their ears. This bar's pretty full for a Tuesday night. They remain in limbo in the doorway for a few moments before actually stepping in.

| >>409284
>Having come inside, the person starts to remove their windbreaker-- which is hiked up pretty damn high, to the point where the collar is nearly touching their ears.
"Jeez, I don't know if I can do this..."
>The coat comes off to reveal a woman of average stature, dressed in varying shades of black and charcoal; patches of mesh on various parts of her top. Her shoulders are exposed and she rubs one of them. She looks pretty uncomfortable, probably because she is.

| >>408951
"W-Wait, aren't >>>we the ones supposed to be giving gifts to>>>you?" >Oenone spares Mistral a glance.
"I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to free drinks, but I'm not sure if that's how you do it..."
>>409303
>The new arrival attracts Oenone's attention, and the blue-haired Lilim waves at her.
"Hello, there!"

| "Hi what can I get for you?"
>Ian at the bar asks when suddenly Audrey is heard screaming joyfully.
"YES YES YES! Graham will be coming over soon! I just got done talking to him!"
>...who?
"Oh man we are gonna have such a fun night! I wonder if he'll bring his guitar?!?"
"Right but who is he?"
>Ian asks.
"Only the coolest guy in the city! I'd say he would be my role model!"
>right...

| >>409470
>That icy white plating sure looks familiar... but if that's who I think it is, her hair is on the opposite side of the color wheel today...
"... Oenone?"
>She murmurs the lilim's name, and begins to hesitantly return her wave before stopping suddenly and jerking her arm back down as though she's immediately regretting her actions. She looks down at her shoes. Why is she even wearing these stupid things? All they do is hurt her ankles. This isn't right.

| >>409534
>The woman turns to the bartender, trying to ignore the bad feeling that's slowly growing in the pit of her stomach. Maybe some karmotrine will wash it away.
"Hi... Can I get a... what was it called..."
>She glances at Oenone, trying to jog her memory. It works.
"... A Sugar Rush, please."
>She thinks that was the "drink of evening" the last time she went out to have a few.

| >>409559
>The man with the sunglasses and shabby beard notices the hesitation of the new arrival but doesnt do anything
>'Ehhh... That looks like a pain'
>He simply continues drinking his Sugar Rush with a slow pace

| >>409559
"Well yeah you two keep in in your office..."
>He makes the sugar rush as shE does a loud WOOOOOO
"Here miss sorry about her... Why do you like him so much?"
"HE SAVED MY LIFE THANK YOU!"
>She shouts loudly.

| "Give me something with a lot of karmotrine, please."
>Jackathon pushes away his drink and and prepares himself mentally for the drink he will have.

| "Yes, yes..."
>Ian mumbled trying to ignore Audrey, he quickly whips up a Crevice Spike a underrated drink!

| >>409601
"Thanks."
>She takes a sip and sort of winces as the overpowering sweetness drenches her tongue, and the karmotrine starts to make things kind of hazy. Yep, this is the right drink.
"How I drank two of these in a row once is beyond me..."
>She shakes her head a bit and mutters to herself, then takes a few more swigs. They go down a lot easier this time. Mindlessly, her eyes scan the bartop until they come to rest on Jackathon's untouched drink.

| >>409625
"... Ordering another before you've even started your first one...? You planning on double fisting or something?"
>She watches as Ian prepares the Crevice Spike, then turns her attention back to Jackathon.
"You... you look familiar. Think I might have seen you before in passing. At Emily's?"
>The small talk comes a little easier when the alcohol's flowing. Not better, just easier.

| >>409556

"Is... Is everything alright, miss?" >Oenone gives Aikawa a concerned look, reaching out toward her. She withdraws her hand, though, and turns to the bartender.

"Hey, can I have a..." >She massages her temple.
"F-Fluffy Dream, right? That's what that drink that tastes like chocolate milk is called?"

| "No you'd be confused with the Sunshine Cloud! I think it tastes like carmel though..."
>He said slowly preparing the drink.

| >>409664

"I-I'll just have that, then. Thanks in advance."

| >Impulse walk into the bar and go to stand beside Jack
"I will pay for whatever he drink"
>He say as he put some zennies on the table,then he turn to Jack
"Jack,finish whatever you have then come to me at the location I sent to you,I have a friend to introduce.This is work"

| >Impulse exit the bar,as fast as he come in

| >>409655
>Aikawa jumps when she hears Oenone's voice next to her. Embarrassed about being recognized while in an outfit that would be considered wildly abnormal for her to wear, she can only bring herself to half turn towards the lilim.
"O-oh, Oenone! That >>>was you waving at me. The hair-"
>She awkwardly pantomimes what's supposed to look like twisting a side ponytail around her finger.
"-Looks good."
>Aikawa hurriedly takes another sip of her drink.

| >>409783

"Oh, hey Aikawa!" >Oenone grins, twirling her side-tail.
"You look pretty good yourself! How's it going?"

| >>409789
>Aikawa blushes and mumbles something incoherently- the most easily aubible words being "thanks" and "not really my decision" before answering Oenone in earnest.
"It's been okay. Trying to get more familiar with GC in my spare time. Starting with the bars, I guess."
>She shrugs.
"... why the blue? Big change since the last time I saw you. Did Hester forget what her favorite color was?"
>Aikawa's eyes drift from Oenone's hair to her nails, and then to her bag.

| >>409796

"N-No... I'm just feeling blue tonight, you know?" >Oenone's gaze follows Aikawa's.
"Oh yeah, check this out!"
>The bag turns purple. Small white sparkles- almost like stars -can be seen floating around in the purple.
"Hester upgraded my style changer~!"

| >>409804
>Aikawa misunderstands. She looks concerned.
"Feeling blue?"
>She's almost immediately distracted by sudden color shift of Oenone's bag. Her eyes widen as she watches the sparkles move over its surface.
"Wait... you can do this with things that... >>>aren't a part of you? How?"
>She leans in to examine it more closely, and wobbles a little bit in doing so. These heels really fuck with her balance. She makes a mental note not to bother with them ever again.

| >>409827
"...Did I say something wrong- Oh! No, no, I mean I felt like going blue for the evening." >Oenone giggles and waves her hand dismissively. She pats the bag.

"It's a long story, but the bag's 'skin' is connected to the style changer. I can't control it as well as I can my body, though." >As if on cue, Oenone's hair curls and unfurls.

| >>409639 "Emily's? Hmm....maybe."
>Jackathon drinks his drink and gets up.
"Welp, it's been nice folks."
>He leaves and sets out for work.

| >>409836
((*uncurls. yare yare, this is why i don't like using phones at all.))

| >>409851
(Come to Terrorist HQ raids thread
-Impulse)

| >>409836
"Oh, sorry. My mistake."
>Aikawa shoots Oenone an apologetic glance before turning her attention back to the bag.
"Can... you do this sort of thing with >>>your skin?
>The spontaneous movement of Oenone's hair startles her a bit, and she sits back up in surprise.
"That's wild, Oenone. Does it come in handy?"
>Without thinking, Aikawa starts twisting locks of her own short hair between her fingers.

| >>410288

"No, it's fine. I phrased it wrong." >She smiles.

"As for my skin, well..." >Oenone twirls her sidetail, her plating changing color. A couple of seconds pass, and her ice-white skin has given way to a sun-kissed brown. Little freckles appear on her face too.

"And yeah, it's really handy. Most of the time, though, I just use the style changer for fun. Mess around with color combinations and stuff, you know?"

| >>410313
>Aikawa is completely dumbfounded by Oenone's mini-transformation. Her expression changes from one of astonishment to something of an amused grin as she watches the freckles start to dot Oenone's cheeks and the bridge of her nose.
"Wow... that is... sooo fucking ultra."
>She chuckles, still amazed.
"I'm jealous. You can put together a look in like... less than 5 seconds, but this--"
>Aikawa gestures towards her body.
"--takes me 3 hours and still looks like garbage."

| >>410450
"Hey, using the style changer isn't exactly easy either, you know. I looked >>awful the first week after the upgrade. Besides, you... Don't look as bad as you think you do!"

| >>406937
>Aikawa takes notice of the holstered pistols on either side of Oenone's upper body. You would think seeing her carrying them a second time around would be a little less jarring, but it's still every bit as surprising as the first time.
"You named them?"
>She never really did understand the "naming electronics/appliances" thing. It was weird in the past, and would probably be considered inappropriate or even offensive now.
"You got a favorite of the two?"

| >A tall figure enters the bar and walks up to the counter.
"Hey is Audrey here? Tell her it's Graham..."
>Ian just seemed to roll his eyes as he loudly shouts for her.
"Can I get you anything while your here?"
"Right... I'll take a Crevice Spike..."
>He muttered as Audrey came out hugging him.
"Hiya! It's been too long! When was the last time?"
"I think that yoga fighting class..."
>He responded.
"They never let me back in after I broke the instructor's arm."

| >>411002

"Hm? Oh, I named them, yeah. Chiaki's my favorite- She's quiet and way less of an idiot than Komaeda. It helps that she's my right-hand gun." >Oenone pats the pistol, completely unaware that she most likely sounds like a goddamn lunatic right now.

|

| >A bearded, disheveled man stumbles into the bar, already heavily drunk, he wakes around a banged up pistol, and yells
"Giiiiiiiiveeeeee me allllllllllll yeeeeer alchohool"

| >Both Audrey and Graham quickly grab ahold of the man as Audrey takes a hold of the gun...Ian sighs
"Third time this week..."

| >>411491
>the man struggles
"heeeeeeeeeeey Let go of mehhh i only wan a drink..."

| "Quick, get a taxi for him okay?"
>Audrey yells at Ian as he nods and makes the call
"You had a bit much buddy... We're gonna send you on home okay? What's the address?"
>Audrey responds to the man.

| "Address? Whas that? I los everythin when those... shtupid rods from god came down..........."

| "Right... Scratch that Ian, call the police alright?"
>Ian sighed and began to dial 911.

| >>411945
>Aikawa quickly notices the commotion at the entrance to the bar- turns out people yelling and waving guns around is something that readily attracts attention. Impulsively she starts to reach for one of Oenone's pistols, keeping her eyes locked on the man at all times. Drunk or sober, he's still carrying.
"Hey, Oenone-"
>Her hand stops moving towards the lilim, then retreats. Hijacking someone else's weapons in self defense is probably an equally dangerous idea.

| >>412007
"... wait here a sec."
>Aikawa turns towards Ian, motioning for him to stop the call.
"Hold up. You finish that call, and my supervisor'll decide it's suddenly not my day off anymore, since I happen to already be here."
>Without much further explanation, she starts to walk towards Audrey and Graham. She gives them a polite wave.
"Need some help?"

| >Impulse walk in with a beaten up faceplated Altyn helmet and a plate carrier full of bullet holes,he take the armor plated with countless deformed bullets on it out and put it in his duffle bag
"I want a gut punch to celebrate my raid success"
>Impulse take his altyn helmet and his balaclava mask off

| >Impulse look at the situation in silence

| >Impulse take out a utility scraper and start taking his guantlet off his hand
>Impulse scrap the guantlet into pieces and throw the scraps metal,along with the scraper into his duffle

| "You guys seem busy,I will come back later"
>Impulse put his balaclava and his helmet and leave the bar

| >>412052
"Sure take this arm and I'll go get the gun..."
>Audrey said as the man struggled.

| >>412243
"Right."
>Aikawa walks up to the man, carefully keeping her body language as neutral and non-threatening as possible. She stops about an arn's length away from him, standing slightly more towards his side than directly in front of them. She keeps her hands where he can see them, and shrugs while opening her palms in a friendly "hey, what's the matter?" gesture.
"Rough day, sir? What happened?"
>She keeps her tone level and casual.

| >Oenone watches Aikawa... Perhaps a bit more keenly than is necessary. She's not blinking, for one.

|

| >>412243
>As Aikawa watches the man continue to struggle, she takes a few more steps forward.
"Hey, hey, you said you just wanted a drink, right?"
>She puts her hand on Audrey's arm and gently pushes a little in an attempt to get her to lower it along with the man's, but not enough to force Audrey to let go. She still wants this guy restrained; she just needs him less focused on being held captive than he is right now.
"I don't think this is how you wanted things to go tonight."

Total number of posts: 110, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1538249956

This thread is permanently archived