danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(ooc)Help with setting threads?

| I'm kinda new to the board and have never roleplayed on a public setting, so I'm not sure how setting threads work.

I want to start one, or to participate in one, but I don't know how to do it. Is it all improvised? Can you participate even after the story is already started?

Sorry if it's a dumb thread heh

| Some of them are planned (say, through Discord), and some are purely improvised (mostly the case with bar-like threads). If you are joining a Setting, do make sure to see which is the case — and do make sure you have a good reason for why your character is appearing in the Setting.

Making a Setting should be about simple. Just make sure that the place is public if you want people participating; so, this means no apartments because people will very unlikely know where it is.

| Although if all is too complex and you don't feel like making up a new place just to meet the community, there can sometimes be bars and whatnot. These usually are quite open and you can enter into the Setting without minding much.

That being said, welcome to /cyb/!

| Like they said, settings threads are locations within GC. The most open ones are bars, cafés, and parks. Generally anywhere that isn't an apartment or a home.

Other options for a thread is just a regular ol post just introducing yourself, that's a good way to get acquainted with the friendly people here.

Take a risk and just jump in here, the water is great.

-Evening

|

| Threads should always be open. Under no circumstances should a setting be closed for the use of only a few people- use Discord for "private" settings.

Try to avoid making excess threads, as this is predominantly an in universe messageboard.

Instead of making a setting, you are strongly advised to enter a current one.

|

Total number of posts: 7, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1531496558

This thread is permanently archived